Ladies Hockey for beginner?

Hello!

I've been recently thinking I would like to take up a sport to help improve my fitness and as something to enjoy.

I played hockey in school but that will have been over ten years ago now so I'm basically a beginner. Any tips as to how I would get into the sport? I wouldn't be able to go straight on to a team cos I'll be rubbish so I don't know how to go about it!

Any pointers?

Thanks, in advance,

There are a number of clubs dotted around the city, what areas are you in/ willing to travel to?

Hi. I am in same boat - used to play a scratch game with a group of other unfit middle-aged mums but I moved away and would love to do something similar in Sheffield,

If we can find another 6-8 women interested we could start a group.

Hi Hallam09

Did you find any clubs to join as I am in the same position? I used to play a lot in school and would like to take it up again.

Hayley

I have played for rotherham hockey club for a number of years years and they're really good. There's beginner teams and plenty of experience to help you you along. Just Google it and contact through the website and they would be more than happy to accommodate. The home pitch is at Westfield near crystal peaks

---------- Post added 23-02-2015 at 15:17 ----------

I have played for rotherham hockey club for a number of years years and they're really good. There's beginner teams and plenty of experience to help you you along. Just Google it and contact through the website and they would be more than happy to accommodate. The home pitch is at Westfield near crystal peaks

Hi. I am in same boat - used to play a scratch game with a group of other unfit middle-aged mums but I moved away and would love to do something similar in Sheffield,

If we can find another 6-8 women interested we could start a group.

Hi tradrockgirl.

If you're still interested, there is a club in Broomhill who would be glad to accommodate any women who want to return to the game. There is also a junior section if that is useful to you.

Let me know if this is of any use, and I will provide further details.

I joined a hockey club as a fit middle aged woman a year ago , I suspect the same one mentioned above. I love it and would totally love others like me to come along :)