Up and coming areas

Lmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by amazon123

Kelham Island will be a great place to live in the 3-5 years massive regeneration planned and in the heart of the city.

you beat me to it:)

i work in kelham area for a developer who's building down their and its deffo on the up

come and check out the CITU LITTLE KELHAM Passive House's with low running costs and no central heating needed:D

Have to disagree with the CATCLIFFE comments.

Those houses are build like egg boxes, I can't imagine they will have any internal solid walls, the gardens from which I have seen are very small and overlooked heavily.

140k is quite expensive for that area imo, the traffic coming from the parkway gets pretty bad around rush hours.

Space is limited if you are wanting to extend in the future and they are built on a former pit, subsidence would be the first thing I would ask about as this happened in treeton.

I can't imagine they would be worth much more than 140 in the future.

Meersbrook, parts of norton, heeley, crookes, walkley, woodseats, hillsborough all have good transport links, well built houses and in my opinion are nice places to live.

Hope this helps.

Chris

S20 is a good area

Haha your having a laugh right?

Haha your having a laugh right?

Depends which bit. I'd rather live where I am compared to some old terrace with street parking at Hillborough or next door to a student doss hole in Crookes, and I'd rather live here than Westfield dodging the chavs.

I wouldn't describe anywhere in S20 as 'up and coming' though. It's either already up or it's never going to be.

There are lots of landlords trying to offload properties in Crookes, Walkley and some parts of Hunters Bar.

Look at the epc ratings and keep this in mind;

http://www.foe.co.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/private_rented_homes.pdf

I have spoken to reeds rains and hay brooks about this change; neither had a clue. If you can't improve it's rating then swerve it.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 00:56 ----------

I meant to say swerve it if you ever want to rent it out.

Hillsborough is ok Tim but many of the residential roads are lined with cars on both sides with only room for one way traffic down the centre. The area between Wisewood and Malin Bridge is the worst for this.

Yeah parking definitely isn't great, no denying that, but then you can walk to pretty much any amenity you might as Hillsborough has one of everything these days (except for a M&S :rant:) and if you walk a bit further two of everything! *Iceland :hihi:*

I suppose it is all down to what people want, I like the feel of Hillsborough, it is a good mix between urban and suburban, the park is great, the shopping area isn't bad and the transport links are amongst the best in the city.

There are lots of landlords trying to offload properties in Crookes, Walkley and some parts of Hunters Bar.

Look at the epc ratings and keep this in mind;

http://www.foe.co.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/private_rented_homes.pdf

I have spoken to reeds rains and hay brooks about this change; neither had a clue. If you can't improve it's rating then swerve it.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 00:56 ----------

I meant to say swerve it if you ever want to rent it out.

You mean they aren't as confident in these areas as they were? Not getting enough rental income? If so, could that be because of the increase in purpose-built student accommodation in the city centre that these areas used to provide?

This is why I prefer Meersbrook over those areas: it isn't dominated by students but has a large number of young families, a lovely park, good housing. It just feels smart to me, and people always mention it as somewhere that is increasing in value.

Have to disagree with the CATCLIFFE comments.

Those houses are build like egg boxes, I can't imagine they will have any internal solid walls, the gardens from which I have seen are very small and overlooked heavily.

140k is quite expensive for that area imo, the traffic coming from the parkway gets pretty bad around rush hours.

Space is limited if you are wanting to extend in the future and they are built on a former pit, subsidence would be the first thing I would ask about as this happened in treeton.

I can't imagine they would be worth much more than 140 in the future.

Meersbrook, parts of norton, heeley, crookes, walkley, woodseats, hillsborough all have good transport links, well built houses and in my opinion are nice places to live.

Hope this helps.

Chris

So up and coming is defined by what the walls are made of, in your world?

How about looking at facts such as house sales, house prices increasing, millions of pounds of investment etc. Over 250 families in the past 2 years have moved in and the rate is increasing. It might not be where you want to live but how can you disagree that it's up and coming??

So up and coming is defined by what the walls are made of, in your world?

How about looking at facts such as house sales, house prices increasing, millions of pounds of investment etc. Over 250 families in the past 2 years have moved in and the rate is increasing. It might not be where you want to live but how can you disagree that it's up and coming??

I can't see where I defined up and coming areas by what internal walls where made of, I passed comment on the build quality, as I have spent 10 years on new build house built exactly the same way.

I also walked around all 3 housing sites there, spoke with several contractors, as said there all squashed up and overlooked to squeeze as many houses into the area for maximum profits, the same goes for the build quality, thrown up for mass profits, I know I use to throw them up.

House prices are rising in most decent areas, not just there and there is also a housing shortage.

People will move into new houses and estates, just like at Brinsworth, Treeton, and the other side of Catcliffe

It's a new estate at the bottom of Catcliffe with an overpriced pub plonked at the front, it's a very long way off being a village.

But hay ho, that's my opinion.

---------- Post added 03-12-2014 at 22:31 ----------

And if you look on rightmove all the houses on that building site are lumped in with the Catcliffe "for sales"

Ask anybody in surrounding villages, "have you seen that new estate?" Oh, that big'n at bottom of Catcliffe

Mention Waverley around here and the first thing that springs to mind is the pub on Brinsworth lane.

Like said, just my opinion.

---------- Post added 12-12-2014 at 11:00 ----------

I'd also like to ask the question of how is that new estate going to effect the local services, the roads around it and the schools around it.

The parkway is absolutely choka at rush hours with 2/3 mile long ques.

4,000 houses, probably full of young professional families with most probably having kids, where are these kids meant to go to schools, Brinsworth, Aston or Handsworth, these schools are already supporting their own surrounding areas, Brinsworth takes kids from Tinsley, Canklow, Whiston, Aston takes them from its own surrounding areas.

Even the primary schools in Brinsworth are bursting.

The factories and offices up there are great for the local area, but it's not enough to build them and then just stick a massive housing estate bang next to it and call it a village.

What gp surgery are those people going to use, you have to wait 3/4 days as it is to get in at Brinsworth medical centre.

Treeton has just had a massive influx of people with its own 2 new housing estates.

Unless they build the services and schools people need and sort out the roads around the area it will put too much pressure on the likes of Brinsworth, Catcliffe Treeton and handsworth