Help to find a good real ale

Can anyone recommend a good real ale, I am wanting some for a gift & I am not sure which is a good one or a bad one. Many thanks.

Edited by vicky & John
Spelling

Cripes - where to start? There are literally HUNDREDS. I like some of the Thornbridge ones, Jaipur and raven in particular but I'm more into the darker real ales at the moment.

Thank you for that , where would be the best place to get hold of them ?.

Dram Shop is good. Beer Central at the entrance to the Moor Market is excellent too.

Bradfield stuff is excellent and they do a gift pack I am sure.

The man at Beer Centrai is very knowledgeable as you might expect.

Depends on how Real you want it. Thornbridge beer is great but it isn't live (no sediment).

Whatever your specific requirements though Beer Central or Archer Road is the best bet.

I bought my other halfs birthday gift from here and he loved it. Got him a mix of things and reasonably priced:

http://www.alesbymail.co.uk/

lots of unique and interesting ales on offer and only £7 shipping for up to 12 bottles

(out of the 8 ales I got him, only two werent bottled conditioned)

Thornbridge ale is filth. Be a better idea to run to the Bradield Brewery and buy a keg from them. Think they start from around £8 for a 4 pints

Can anyone recommend a good real ale, I am wanting some for a gift & I am not sure which is a good one or a bad one. Many thanks.

Stones'es.!!!!!!!!!!!

Dram shop has always had a good selection of real ales.

My own favourites are Thornbridge, as mentioned above, but there are so many different types to choose from (IPA, stout, porters etc), it's difficult to know what to recommend without knowing what the person in question likes best.

Regarding Thornbridge beers, I tend to walk past the Dram Shop and buy mine from Beeches Butchers in Walkley these days, where the bottles tend to be quite a bit cheaper than the likes of Dram and Beer Central.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 04-11-2014 at 08:00 ----------

Stones'es.!!!!!!!!!!!

Wash your mouth out. :hihi:

Regards

Doom