Out of this World v Fright Night.

if it wasn't great, I don't think we'll ever see the figures bassett one...

I just hope something is sorted that's suitable for EVERYONE next year - something for the younger ones, earlier in the day perhaps, and then fright night later in the day, and why not ask the shops to open later as well, bringing more trade -doesn't have to be all night (unless it's a coffee/food shop which would rake it in)

if it was a disaster why not just admit it and revert back to a normal fright night,the same mistake was made with the Sheffield fayre in august,low footfall ,which had not happened before it was changed thanks

Well despite the mixed opinions we took the young un to the event today. He loved it. The show outside the town hall was great. The highlight was all the star wars characters wandering round which thought was awsome.

The peace gardens where really really busy. If i had to say anything I'd say the halloween area on the moore was a bit lacking. Overall we had a great day with a serious excited young lad.

One addition, there was a lad who i think was a cosplayer rather than paid entertainment. He was dressed as a very good deadpool. He was brilliant with our lad who recognised the character and made a little boy very happy, so thanks.

Loved the event today in the city centre. Everyone was enjoying themselves and a good atmosphere. The council have backed a winner for once.

Did many other folk go?

Loved it! Loads to see, great atmosphere. Magic guys outside townhall were ace. Kids liked the mummy in a cage on the Moor. Well done to guy in the maggot bath raising money for Macmillan too, he put a right shift in! Better than fright night for us

my sister went to Out of this World event last year and said it wasn't very good at all, disappointing,waste of time,Okay suppose it's alright for the young kids,but the older ones don't really have anything,be better to bring back Fright Night for older kids and adults I think,so everyone has some thing then.I really used to look forward to FN,always busy,loads of people made effort dressed in costumes,and the zones where zombies were where very good,as were the music artists/bands.I mean Halloween is suppose to be scary,that's the point,how would people feel if After Dark event was changed to some thing else? not be the same would it,look how busy that gets,and very noisy,dangerous even,no one complain about that though!

I think it could have much better organised. The scifi area in the winter gardens was so busy you couldnt even move. That was clearly the area people were most interested in, and I think it should have been in a much bigger area. We were pushed and shoved trying to get up to see Iron man, and just as we got to the front, the superheros all left. No explanation, no nothing. :(

My little boy was most upset, Iron man was all he wanted to see!

what was the footfall on the day and did it match fright night,that will tell you if it was a success or just a cheaper replacement.

According to figures released today 30,000 people attended. some of my fairground friends told me it was a lot busier than last year but not quite as busy as Fright Night used to be but was a success by holding it just one day instead of two like last year.

so do you really think this is going to be as big as fright night? I cant see it?