Recommendations for Mortgage Advisors

Can anyone recommend a mortgage adviser that can help us obtain a mortgage? We are currently running a limited company on our fourth year with previous two years accounts third year just finished in Jan but hasn't been submitted yet.

We pay ourselves a regular weekly wage with dividends. Plus I work part time at a school.

We wanted to keep our current property which has 45k left on the mortgage of 12 year term to let out.we want to take 30k out to put down on a new properate up for 175k.

We have just been refused lending based on affordability by our current lender. This is based on the fact that our second year shows a lower amount than the previous year but the turnover was higher and we invested more therefore why the net profit was lower. I'm at the point where I don't think we can do this. Our current mortgage is not fixed so could be reduced due to interset rates being lower. I just need to find someone that knows what they are doing and we can trust.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Hi wigwham, I am a mortgage broker and I have helped quite a lot of self employed people in the past. I may be able to help you.

Firstly has anyone spoke to you about second home stamp duty? If you keep your existing property on as an investment you will need to pay additional stamp duty on your new purchase. Second home stamp duty on a purchase of £175k would be £6250.

If you want, drop me a PM and we can arrange a chat to see if I am able to assist, I should be able to tell quite quickly (by looking at your books and basic finances) if what you are wanting to do it possible. Since I deal with practically every lender in the UK if I can't help then it would be unlikely anyone could.

Yes I'll PM you and no I didn't realise about the stamp duty

I recently used London & Country for a re mortgage, they are a fee free broker and were excellent to deal with every step of the way.

Also I think you'd have to convert your current mortgage to a Buy to Let which may carry a higher interest rate.

Edited by LeeMo

Firstly has anyone spoke to you about second home stamp duty? If you keep your existing property on as an investment you will need to pay additional stamp duty on your new purchase. Second home stamp duty on a purchase of £175k would be £6250.

Yes I'll PM you and no I didn't realise about the stamp duty

Both wrong.

Stamp Duty is still unchanged at 0.5% and has not applied to property for many years.

Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is wholly different and much more complicated.

See my article at https://www.propertyhawk.co.uk/?landlords-sdlt

Both wrong.

Stamp Duty is still unchanged at 0.5% and has not applied to property for many years.

Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is wholly different and much more complicated.

See my article at https://www.propertyhawk.co.uk/?landlords-sdlt

Okay so the wording may be wrong and I should have said stamp duty land tax not just stamp duty but I am sure the op understood what I meant and the figure I provided is correct for the transaction in question.

I appreciate in your line of work seeing the wording used incorrectly must be frustrating but to say I am wrong is a little harsh.

Try [/url] or unbiased maybe?

I used a company I found called Finance advice centre who were really good!

Definitely get a mortgage broker, they can save you no end of money in the long run!

---------- Post added 28-02-2017 at 14:13 ----------

Try http://mybigmove.co.uk/find-the-best-mortgage-advisorsor unbiased maybe?

I used a company I found called Finance advice centre who were really good!

Definitely get a mortgage broker, they can save you no end of money in the long run!

Hi, I'm coming to the end of my current mortgage and thinking of using a mortgage advisor for the re-mortgage.... usually I have searched the internet & done the work myself but it seems that at present there's many more options & deals so I'd like a whole market review for the best deal / options.

Does anyone have any Sheffield based mortgage advisor recommendations??

Thanks

:help:

Hi

My girlfriend is looking getting her first step on the property ladder, however she is struggling with mortgages, she is getting conflicting information from various sources.

I was wondering if any could recommend a good mortgage advisor?

Hi, I know a fab mortgage adviser who works for Optimum Finance in Fulwood. Her name is Polly Ker, she's sorted all of mine out. This is their number: 0114 2291900.

Kate x