What were you doing when the WTC Twin Towers fell?

I guess the question is similar to the one my mother used to say "where were you when Kennedy was shot?"

you seem to rememeber those amazing history-busting awfull moments !!

I was in Hillsborough, wynyard road arguing with my partner about a skip

we watched open mouthed to what happened for it seemed like hours

I will always rememeber it

I was painting my son's bedroom when it came on the radio. When I went downstrairs and put the t.v on I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was like watching a movie, it just didn't seem real. I still feel like that now when I see footage of it on telly.

I have to admit I became a little bit obsessed with the whole thing. As tragic as it obviously was, it still remains one of the most spectacular things I have ever witnessed. I was up the WTC earlier that year and the concept of them collapsing the way they did is just mind boggling.

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evidence/photos/wtc1ne1.html

There is a programme on Monday night at 9pm about the only survivors from in the building, all of whom were in the same stair well which somehow provided some sort or protection.

I wonder if someone can explain this for me then??

I watched ''The Miracle of Stairway B'' on Channel 4 last night and of all the firefighters taking part in the program not one of them mentioned the name...

Richard Picciotto???? This firefighter wrote the book 'Last Man Down'' about this very event!! So why did he not feature in the show if he wrote the book.... :huh::confused:

I feel that no matter how often I see that footage it will never fail to disturb me.

I was at home washing the clothes from our 2 week holiday in Mexico ....I felt sick just stared at the television mouth open watching it live....

We had flown over New York the night previous Sunday 10th - (apparently caught the crosswinds back from mexico as it is quicker) :suspect:

Very sad day x:(

I was at home and heard the initial report on the radio, - switched on the TV to see people throwing themselves out of windows and watched the rest of it in a kind of numbed and incredulous daze.

Still feel sick in the stomach when I see snippets of it replayed on TV now, - couldn't watch it again.

i was in pub with my ex who was then my boyf when everyone just went over to the t.v screen which was in each other screwed to the wall i went over to see what it was all about OMG i couldnt belive it.everyone was in disbelive.

http://www.september11news.com/AttackImages.htm

At home and profoundly grateful I didnt and dont have a tele so couldnt see this highly gruesome, tragic massacre imposed on everyone with a TV.

The horror of this day does not go away, especially as we have just had the 6 year anniversary

I was in a staff meeting about peer assessment. I came home and couldn't take my eyes off the tv.

It was a terrible thing to watch, something that I think brought alot of people of different countries closer only to be ruined by Bush and Blair later.

I was in the car, we were on the motorway driving to my nans as it was my mum's birthday, heard about it on the radio!

I wasn't really aware at the time of how bad it was or what the world trade centre was, i was a young teen!