Patronising Doctors

Patronising Doctors

I am 6‘2. Fit as a fiddle and I have an overweight numpty lecture me on diet and fitness. Question to the forum: Would you take advice from an overweight fat unfit person, Lecturing you on fitness?

---------- Post added 02-11-2014 at 01:48 ----------

Fat nurse waddling down the corridor, She then proceeds to educate you on the importance of a well balanced diet. Do you laugh in her face or wait until you are in the car park? Hi my name is Sammy and I will be your fitness instructor. Sammy has more spare tires than Michelin. What is wrong with this picture?

But it could help the arthritis in your knee? Seems reasonable to me then. If I was offered some advice on relieving migraines I wouldn't refuse it simply because it's not going to help my tennis elbow.

The point I was trying to make was, she associated every ailment with weight. Migraine and tennis elbow are two completely different complaints whereas arthritis is arthritis wherever it is in the body.

Not been patronised by my GP and my previous one was absolutely brilliant. The reason I havent been patronised I think is because I dont allow it. I give them the information they need, interact with them, ask relevant questions and listen to their suggested course of action. Next please.

You are so money supermarket :love:

When you visit your doctor do you ever get the impression that you are wasting their time and why did you bother making an appointment?

I recently went to my local doctors and said that I have been having bad headaches for the past 3 weeks now and painkillers are not really helping me, His response was so you haven't been having headaches for that long then.

I couldn't believe it I thought he was joking but the way he said it as well I thought yeah thanks, I rarely come to the surgery and I think 3 weeks of bad headaches is not normal for someone who rarely has headaches throughout the year and to be patronised by a medical professional is just poor.

He told me to use co codamol and if it is no better in 2 weeks to go back.

Have you had a similar situation where your doctor has spoke to you like you are a time wasting idiot?

i feel the same way about my doctors. some of them are ok but two of them have been quite abrupt with me and made me feel stupid for even making an appointment.