Chesterfield road closed

just approached woodseats driving towards meadowhead and the police have closed the road near tesco's not sure what's happend but looked serious.

Just walked down, there's a few cars in the middle of the road and a white taxi with a shattered windscreen like it's been hit or hit something. Lots of police, no signs of anybody hurt.

good that no one seems hurt. the police have to close the road so no evidence gets moved, and to take measurement's

Well there was no pedestrian no ambulance but maybe it happened a while ago, hope whatever happened nobody got seriously hurt

I saw 2 ambulances pass me near the scene.

I was in second car back and gave first aid (yes, i am qualified). Bloke was hit by Taxi at around 21:30. The bloke wasn't drunk before anyone asks.

Had report from hospital before I left the scene that he had no major injuries.

I was in second car back and gave first aid (yes, i am qualified). Bloke was hit by Taxi at around 21:30. The bloke wasn't drunk before anyone asks.

Straight from the horses mouth. ... Thanks for posting.

Straight from the horses mouth. ... Thanks for posting.

Agree, and pleased to hear all ok.

Not so sure about anyone involved in an accident on St Mary's Gate tonight about 11.30pm, on the church side near roundabout. Looked quite serious because of the amount of flashing lights and emergency vehicles.

Even up on Charter Row, I had to dodge a couple of groups of vampires/ghostly figures who just all ran across the road at top speed. Fortunately, I had slowed down but how I missed one of them I don't know.

Did anyone notice the police BMW sat there with the engine running? Seriously? Anyone could have been in it and away on a serious joy ride!!!!

Agree, and pleased to hear all ok.

Not so sure about anyone involved in an accident on St Mary's Gate tonight about 11.30pm, on the church side near roundabout. Looked quite serious because of the amount of flashing lights and emergency vehicles.

Even up on Charter Row, I had to dodge a couple of groups of vampires/ghostly figures who just all ran across the road at top speed. Fortunately, I had slowed down but how I missed one of them I don't know.

People should realise just how traumatic for the driver their idiocy can be.

Qualified in the work place only ??? or a peramedic. ???

Qualified in the work place only ??? or a peramedic. ???

Tell you what, if I needed some sort of assistance before an ambulance arrived, I'd be grateful of any help someone was prepared to give. I wouldn't be asking what sort of qualification they had!