Fan owned football club in Sheffield..

First of all. No there isn't one in the birthplace of football but there are now 30 or so in England. And if you put dots on an outline of England where they are you'll find Sheffield is about the middle of a big area devoid of one. Notable examples include AFC Wimbledon and FC United who for different reasons are clubs newly started in recent years. Meanwhile, Portsmouth are now the best supported fan owned club. Having been rescued from oblivion by the supporters trust.

Personally, I am sick of corporate greed in football. If there were enough like minded support I help would help start one based in Sheffield just because we haven't currently got one. And locally it doesn't look like happening with any local club. [Wednesday were about 10% fan owned but sold out to Milan Mandaric] I would like to hear from anyone similarly interested. However, can't promise anything happening but it won't be for the want of trying!

Whatever, for the next few months I plan to do a ground hop of football grounds where matches involving at least one fan owned club are taking place. You can read it at this address: thefcsgazette.blogspot.com