Hillsborough tram gate

Appeal and even if you lose it will take weeks and weeks to hear back from the appeal ,so at least you keep the money out of the Anti Car council`s hands for a while.

Can you name a Pro Car Council?

I have never heard of one. Perhaps you could post

where one exists.

It's on your left just after the traffic lights at the top of Hillsborough Barracks. I've pulled up in the layby before the lights waiting for it to change a number of times.

Ah, I rarely drive thru in that direction, and at that point I'm usually looking out for pedestrians throwing themselves into the road.

there is a 5 minute window that the cctv operator will stop enforcing the restrictions i.e. he will stop issuing at 10.55am on. if your clocks correct you will be fine. they also give a 5 min grace period when the bus lane starts. just make sure your clock ir right as theirs are set against the atomic clock which they go by

there is a 5 minute window that the cctv operator will stop enforcing the restrictions i.e. he will stop issuing at 10.55am on. if your clocks correct you will be fine. they also give a 5 min grace period when the bus lane starts. just make sure your clock ir right as theirs are set against the atomic clock which they go by

See, I don't get the logic in that. It's not like there needs to be a grace period to account for inaccuracies in peoples' timekeeping devices (like there is with speed limits for example) as it's the sign displayed which determines the state of the bus gate, not the time of day.

If the sign says buses and trams only, then buses and trams only it is, whether it's 9am or 9pm.

I went through at 1058, it was 11:01 on my car clock, got fined, appealed and lost.

I went through at 1058, it was 11:01 on my car clock, got fined, appealed and lost.

Which bus/tram gate did you contravene? Was it Middlewood Rd, Langsett Rd or Holme La? (Holme La operates 24/7, the others don't)

See, I don't get the logic in that. It's not like there needs to be a grace period to account for inaccuracies in peoples' timekeeping devices (like there is with speed limits for example) as it's the sign displayed which determines the state of the bus gate, not the time of day.

If the sign says buses and trams only, then buses and trams only it is, whether it's 9am or 9pm.

But where are the cameras? You can take quite a long time to get from the sign to the actual crossroads.

Can you name a Pro Car Council?

I have never heard of one. Perhaps you could post

where one exists.

Birmingham. Recently Liverpool.

Tory run councils also tend to be better because they are ideologically libertarian.

But where are the cameras? You can take quite a long time to get from the sign to the actual crossroads.

The camera is about 6 houses before Ripley Street, on a tram post for overhead wires.

it takes you passing the blue sign, just after Ripley Street.

If you want to know more, I'll sell you my copy for the fine I received, £30 ono;)

Birmingham. Recently Liverpool.

Tory run councils also tend to be better because they are ideologically libertarian.

What are the 2 Labour run councils above, doing for the motorists

I know Liverpool are removing some bus lanes. What other measures are they taking.

Edited by bazjea

Just wondered if the Tram Gate was clear this evening? While the rest of us were stuck in the snaking traffic down Walkley bank Road to the bottom of malin bridge, and the other way down to rivelin valley road and along. The diverted route since the bridge on Walkley lane is shut. 40 minutes To get from top to bottom. The joy:rolleyes: