Craft show NEC 6th to 9th November

Has anyone been to this hobby craft and crafts for Christmas show at the NEC in the last few years? It must be more than ten years since I last went. What was it like? Are you going this year?

I'm going....and looking forward to it, but I haven't been to this one before....are you.planning on going?:)

I'm undecided. My friend wanted to go but she is away that weekend. I have just asked another crafting friend but she needs to check her diary. She follows sports so is often busy at sporting events. I'm wondering if I should go alone but its not the same on your own. If I hear good reports, I might make the effort and go on my own.

---------- Post added 30-10-2014 at 10:08 ----------

I'm undecided. My friend wanted to go but she is away that weekend. I have just asked another crafting friend but she needs to check her diary. She follows sports so is often busy at sporting events. I'm wondering if I should go alone but its not the same on your own. If I hear good reports, I might make the effort and go on my own.

pixlestar - my friend is going with me.....all being well. Her daughter in law is due to give birth that weekend. She is going to have the older child when mum is in labour. I guess I won't know until nearer the date. I might go on my own if my friend can't make it.

Excellent!....Fingers crossed she can make it xx....We are going on an organised trip from a Craft shop I go to that run workshops.....if there had been any places left you could have come along....do you want me to ask if there has been any cancellations?

That's a very kind offer and really appreciated, thank you. Don't bother though, I won't know until the last minute if she will be able to go or not. I do drive a lot and have driven to the NEC several times so its not the driving that bothers me. Its just nice to share your hobby and get a second opinion, share ideas rather than walk around like billy no mates.

Hope you have a fab time. Do pop back and let me know what you bought.

did you go the the NEC? I went today, I'm tired now! I didn't spend as much as I thought I would. Did you buy anything?

I got a daylight lamp. My lamps only fit the small halogen bulbs and I need something for colour matching. I got a two stamps, a mask for inking clouds and two molds for air dry paper clay.

I did! :-)...Had a great time and have to admit I did splash out a bit...I bought quite a lot of stuff from the MDF Man, at those prices it was hard to resist. Also, a craft bag, some earrings, 5 small plaster faces from the Powertex stand ....I would have liked to have done one of their workshops but was too late...some little compartment boxes and house for some altered art pieces....I could quite easily have spent more but managed a little bit of self restraint....So glad you made it....looking forward to the next one....the saving starts tomorrow :-)