Car locking nuts HELP!!

I got mine off with a spider, lump hammer, blow torch and a hell of a lot of elbow grease but mine were the star shape ones, can't really advise on the outer spinning ones but seems like other have already made a few suggestions.

Best of luck and fingers crossed you don't get a flat in the meantime.

I had this problem on my Vauxhall. The local tyre shops couldn't do it but Sheffield Engine Reconditioning did. They are next door to Asda at Middlewood.

They charge per wheel.

Top tread tyres in Rotherham do it but they charge ten quid a wheel.

Explain what's wrong to your regular service garage and they'll most probably take them off in a matter of minutes.

If it's done as a freebie then call back with a tin of Roses or Quality Street £4 from ASDA.

it'll stand you in good stead.

ap tyres bottom off rawmarsh hill rotherham charged me 6 pound per wheel on focus after mate lost me locking nut.....

I had this problem a few years back.

Take a socket the same size of the spinning shroud,place it over the shroud,and give it a few hits.

You should then be able to pull the shroud off with pliers.

Then you need an undersized socket (1 for each wheel,as it won't be re-usable :hihi:).

The socket needs to be hammered onto the remaining nut,so that it is wedged onto it.

It took me about an hour to get them off,but the majority of that time was spent getting the spinning shrouds off.

I would say though,if you can find a garage that is confident in taking them off for a good price (£10 a wheel or so),then choose that option.:thumbsup:

I do them at £5 per nut.

See my signature below!!