Dont forget the wild birds

dont forget to put food out for the birds and other animals this winter.

Yes I will but who knows we might have a mild winter this year.I tend to leave fruit and breadcrumbs and a container of water for the little cherubs.

The only wild birds I see are, Magpies, Pigeons and Crows never a song bird unfortunately.

There's loads of berries around just now.

The birds in our garden are getting seriously picky about what they will and won't eat. Bread, Yorkshire pudding, bacon rinds, lumps of lard, fine. Anything they consider to be 'foreign muck' (lasagne, couscous, rice, croissants, enchilladas), they tend to kick off the bird table in disgust.

Secret UKIP supporters/Daily Mail readers, I reckon.

Guest sibon
The birds in our garden are getting seriously picky about what they will and won't eat. Bread, Yorkshire pudding, bacon rinds, lumps of lard, fine. Anything they consider to be 'foreign muck' (lasagne, couscous, rice, croissants, enchilladas), they tend to kick off the bird table in disgust.

Secret UKIP supporters/Daily Mail readers, I reckon.

You'll need to wait until spring time, when the immigrants arrive to take all of our flies and all of our nesting sites.

The only wild birds I see are, Magpies, Pigeons and Crows never a song bird unfortunately.

They need food too!

Yes I will but who knows we might have a mild winter this year.I tend to leave fruit and breadcrumbs and a container of water for the little cherubs.

i do the same :thumbsup:

Is it due to the sparrow hawk that we have hardly seen a song bird all summer?

Mealworms ,fat ball and sunflower seeds all get left.

I tried putting food near to the hedge for protection with no success.

There's loads of berries around just now.

not many berries now, please dont forget to feed them:thumbsup: water also

I have 'picky' birds too!! They will only eat the sunflower hearts, not the wild bird food mix. I have hanging feeders as I also have mapies, greedy things, I can't put food out for the ground feeders as the big birds scoff the lot! I feed the blackbirds early morning, they seem to get up before the others!!!

Wood pigeons are the scourge of my garden - I have even seen them hanging off the feeders.