Talk talk scam be warned

My uncle got scammed by someone pretending to be TalkTalk.

Although I believe it was via an email, not phone calls.

just to let people know I had a phone call saying he worked in technical department for talk talk said there was viruses on my lap top I went on it to check and he blocked it all it went off and I couldn't get back on .he rang me back and said if I go to western union and send £100 to a personal account which ended with the address for texas usa I rang talktalk and it was a scam iv reported it to the police also but had to spend 2 hours getting all my internet back so please be aware don't want anybody falling for this

Bit of a misleading thread title given it isn't Talk Talk doing the "scamming".

There's some scamming adverts on S/F there is one on this thread saying quote Your windows registry requires care, this is critical for your PC to function properly.unquote, the thing is i am using a mac,

Edited by kidley

Typical scam though they normally claim to be from Microsoft, short version is reinstall (unless google fu has a solution) and learn from your mistakes!

make a complaint to talk talk and ask them to investigate. it happened to me except I never let them get anywhere near my desktop.

make a complaint to talk talk and ask them to investigate. it happened to me except I never let them get anywhere near my desktop.

Talk talk can do bugger all about scammers sat over in India, just as we can't get BT to ban anyone calling from international numbers!

Why are people still falling for these type of scams? They should be common knowledge now because they've been around for a few years.

BE VERY SUSPICIOUS ABOUT ANYONE WHO RINGS YOU UNEXPECTEDLY ABOUT FINANCIAL OR COMPUTER MATTERS!!

Also check this website out and look at the online fraud section:

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk

Edited by Paddy

The OP obviously did more than "go on it to check".

Ive had this type of call before. I get a lot of cold callers and scam callers so i told this one to **** off and now he periodically phones me back just to call me names haha. Last time was a screamer! Almost every word was a profanity and to hear someone with a broad indian accent try to insult you in English is something to behold :hihi:

Ive had this type of call before. I get a lot of cold callers and scam callers so i told this one to **** off and now he periodically phones me back just to call me names haha. Last time was a screamer! Almost every word was a profanity and to hear someone with a broad indian accent try to insult you in English is something to behold :hihi:

I so wish I could hear this!!