Advice for laptop

Hi, Im hoping for some advice. Im looking for a laptop on which i can run photoshop for design. Its used pretty much daily for design as i use it to produce digital caricatures, but as this is a hobby at the moment im hoping to get something suitable paying up to 300 ish.

Just wondering if anyone can advise of suitable laptops? For the last few years i worked on an acer,which was fine to start with but a few years on and its really slow to use now. Ill still keep my old laptop for browsing web and downloads etc,so really the design is all the laptop will be used for.

Have thought about features and with design being the reason for purchasing, speed is the main priority,screen size min 15.6, would like hd but this probably takes them out of my price range.

Thanks in advance for any help, I've been looking online for ages but im just not sure what would be best based on my requirements.

If your old machine was windows Vista, it probably only came with 1GB or RAM. Vista was and is a knightmare with less than two and slows down horribly over time. Stick window 7 on it, you might find it works fine. Or just try a clean install

If you really want a new one, don't jump on the ones with the biggest numbers. Get something with a SSD instead of a massive bloody hard drive, you will be amazed at the speed improvements. And an I5 processor if you can. For your money consider second hand.

I would also say stick with 15inch screen as 24inch full HD monitors now are cheap as chips. Save up and get one of those to work on.

You can use Dell laptops, but since you want photo editing, you must have sufficient amount of RAM, since it slows down the machine.

If your existing laptop is running genuine Windows 7, you should consider upgrading it first. It may just need a service and a memory upgrade, which would be a lot cheaper than a new machine. Probably less than £100.

Regarding a new laptop, try and stretch you budget to £350 - £400, and get one with the best processor you can afford - eg i3 or i5 - rather than lots of ram or a large hard drive.

Also stick to the big brands like Toshiba, Samsung, and Dell. Avoid Advent, Zoostorm, and HP.

Hope this helps.

You can buy any of the branded laptops, be it Dell, Lenovo, Acer, HP anything. What really require is a good configuration. i5 processor, 2GB RAM min. 1GB graphics card, 500GB hard disk. These are must.

You wont be able to buy a laptop that handles Photoshop well enough for that budget.

The budget is tight to recommend you a laptop for photoshop

Processor Pentium 3.00 GHz

Ram: 12.00 GB

64-bit Operating System

2 terabyte hard drive.

£150 Frrom Zoostorm.

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 01:57 ----------

Get what you need from bittorrent.

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 02:09 ----------

P.S Graphics on motherboard. { Upgradeable. }

But comes with DVD burner.

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 02:48 ----------

When you think zoo storm. Think of it as android. Its not HTC, Samsung etc, Both and more are android. It is lots of people. So when you lookup Zoostrorm, Just Google zoostorm. From Cheap as chips to astronomical prices depending on what you need. The preset stuff is bottom dollar. The custom built is still bottom dollar to middle of the road. Shop around. Google ( zoostorm) for best price for what you need.

Edited by sandra3dee

I'd wait and have a look for new Intel Broadwell/Skylake laptops, they should be strong on both cpu and graphics.