Decent broadband in Sheffield??

I was with Digital Region via Origin which was all fine and dandy until the plug was pulled. since then been trying to get Virgin to install and it's like pulling teeth. 3 times they've arranged a time, and 3 times cancelled at the last minute, then last week just didn't turn up.

I'm in loxley, need a reasonable download speed and just want a reliable internet provider. Can anyone recommend a company or are they all as bad as each other?

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

The easiest one we've been with was Sky. Never had a single issue with them.

BT isn't so bad either IF you can get them to install the £(%*$)"$ thing.

For most of them though, you wouldn't believe they were a business, how difficult it is to get them to come and install it!

I was with Origin and the fibre digital network. I am now using a 4G dongle from EE (15Gb) which is twice the speed and half the price and a low cost landline broadband from my phone provider for unlimited data.

No, ISPs are not all as bad as each other. But if you want the best, then it's not likely to be cheap. Even though I'm no longer with them (because I moved to DR in 2011...), I have no hesitation in recommending aaisp. Reliable, no nonsense, technically competent, and a constant thorn in BT(O)'s side. If you're still unsure about who to go to (and if cost is not a show-stopper), give them a call and they'll be quite willing to tell you exactly what they can offer you and when.

Not had any issues with plusnet so far other than the speed not being wonderfully high. I wish OpenReach would get off their arses and sort the box at the end of the street since the exchange is fibre enabled.