German Tuition - any recommendation?

Can anyone recommend a private tutor who could give my daughter lessons in German, outside her school hours? The secondary school she attends does not offer 'German' as a language option but she would be interested to take private/outside lessons to be able to sit her GCSE separately. She already has basic knowledge in speaking and reading, but hardly in writing.

She is in Y9 and it would be good if she could sit the GCSE exam in a year's time (if she is able to get to the level required) so that she does not have the additional pressure in Y11 when she takes all other GCSE exams.

Any recommendation or advice would be much appreciated. :help:

Hi Fleurs sorry to see that you have had no replies yet,give it time hopefully there will be someone who reacts with positive news with your request.

I am fluent in German both spoken and written having spent the best part of 5 years living in Stuttgart (Baden Wurtemburg) and Munich (Bavaria).

I never had the opportunity of learning German during my Secondary School and Grammar School education so I taught myself then gained work experience and ended up staying a little bit longer than I expected.

Good luck Grant

Edited by Bufferdude49
Name misspelt

Thanks Grant,

I speak the language too but really need someone to teach her to GCSE level. I thought the Forum attracts a wide audience and was hoping for some more replies but as you say, hopefully someone can either point me in the right direction. Baden Wuertemberg is a nice place, especially the Black Forest!

Thank you very much Dave. Couldn't send you a pm as I need to have at least 5 posts in the forum! :) Definitely getting the hang of using the site though.

Hi Fleurs,

Total Linguistics can provide private German Tuition, please contact us on the details below.

Thanks!

Guten Tag Fleurs! We have some fantastic German tutors on our database who are well-versed in the GCSE German requirements and would be able to come to your home at a convenient time to teach your daughter.

Just let me know if we can help.

Contact details are 07960 768974 or katie@babbleandspeak.com

Bis bald!