Meersbrook Bank School Mid 50s

Yes of course I know you, I'm going round to Kevin's in the morning to drop off his Christmas card I'll get his phone number for you,bye the way I forgive you for dropping me in that puddle to tell you the truth I can't for the life of me remember it happening! MG

Your nickname fooled me big time there MG. Give Kevin my very best regards. I hope to speak to him soon.

Hi recall the Howsons. I correspond regularly with Tony Jepson and his wife, Jean. Tony Strange died when he was 19. He lived opposite me when I was a youngster.

---------- Post added 14-12-2015 at 20:14 ----------

Brian J, are you Marjorie J's brother?

---------- Post added 14-12-2015 at 20:15 ----------

Brian Godfrey lives in St Tropez in South of France.

Fraid not Gwyn. Tony Strange was a good friend of mine for the tragic short time that I knew him.

If you know Tony Jepson I would imagine you knew Keith Fairfax and older brother John.

Fraid not Gwyn. Tony Strange was a good friend of mine for the tragic short time that I knew him.

If you know Tony Jepson I would imagine you knew Keith Fairfax and older brother John.

Hi Brian, of course I know Keith Fairfax and John Fairfax. Keith lives now on Warminster Road. He was my neighbour for thirty years.

People I knew about the same age as Keith were Rob And John Lay.They were friends with my older brother. Also twins Peter and John Coulson.None of them went to Meersbrook Bank though

On 16/12/2015 at 13:09, gwyn_roberts said:

Your nickname fooled me big time there MG. Give Kevin my very best regards. I hope to speak to him soon.

Just to let you know Kevin passed away just after we last talked.

On 26/10/2014 at 17:02, Starwalker said:

I attended Meersbrook from 1955 2 1961

Does anyone remember any of the names posted?

Happy days spent in Meersbrook Park and Heeley baths in 6 weeks holidays

Teachers

Head Mr Darley

Mr Edwards

Mrs Malledar

Mrs Pashley

Miss Costello

Kids

Stephen Franklin

Paul Atkinson

Raymond Hedges

John Snelson

Michael Sheldon

Robert Siddall

Geoffrey Davis

Steven Garbutt

John Fraser Walker

Jacqueline Richardson

Rosemary Campbell

Susan Grant

Sheila Stacey

Elaine Jackson

Hillary Monks

Janet Keyes

Valerie Coldwell

Elaine Hobson

Mary Richardson

Keith Stacey

Douglas Bower

Raymond Oakley

Michael Grant

Michael Keyes

The headteacher when I started there in 1953 was Mr Aizelwood. Mr Darley came later. Mr Edwards was my form teacher in J3 ad J4 - he became headteacher at Owler Lane. Steven Garbutt was in my year. he lived on Little London Road. Raymond Oakley and Mick Grant are a couple of years younger. I chat with Mick on FB. 

I would be nice if some of the ex-Meersbrook Bank pupils from that time period made contact through this forum MG

On 24/05/2021 at 17:47, gwyn_roberts said:

The headteacher when I started there in 1953 was Mr Aizelwood. Mr Darley came later. Mr Edwards was my form teacher in J3 ad J4 - he became headteacher at Owler Lane. Steven Garbutt was in my year. he lived on Little London Road. Raymond Oakley and Mick Grant are a couple of years younger. I chat with Mick on FB. 

Unfortunately Stephen Garbutt died in 2013.