Old video tapes to DVDs

Thanks for letting me know I may have a trip up to chapeltown, How long did it take for them to do it.

I don't know how long it took to copy them because I left it a week before going back, it probably took a day or two, you would have to ask them.

Yes I thought £35 was a bit steep too, it may be cheaper to buy a video player and just keep it forever.

But they are important videos to me and my family so sending them away for 3 to 4 weeks to be copied fills me with fear.

Bold: nah. Tapes are deteriorating and old machines are often pretty knackered anyway. Best off getting them on modern format if they as important as you say.

I'd perhaps look at their copying methods, if the £10 is in Sheffield [walk-in] and looks like a good machine doing it, then go for that, at least you don't have to send it off.

---------- Post added 25-11-2015 at 23:58 ----------

I have used the photo shop at Chapeltown twice for copying VHS to DVD and both times I was pleased with the results.

I typed my post before reading post,

This poster is a regular and reasonable, I'd go for this option then mason.

There can't be that many more options, otherwise more would have posted by now in 15 hours.

Mate maplin do a vhs to dvd converter but you need a video recorder for it to work .It costs around £26 I got one and it converts it easy if you need a hand let me know

Harrison Cameras on London Road do it for £10 a tape also

Mate maplin do a vhs to dvd converter but you need a video recorder for it to work .It costs around £26 I got one and it converts it easy if you need a hand let me know

The OP doesn't own a video player - they have mentioned buying one as an option.

They need a VHS player for £9 for this to work :hihi:

Worth it though if you have lots of them.

Harrison Cameras on London Road do it for £10 a tape also

I would say Harrisons are trustworthy. £20 might be cheaper for 2 tapes if at this side of town.

Amazes me how cheap people want to be with memories when they say its important.

£10 a tape isn't cheap, it reflects the cost of the process. Unfortunately some chain stores inflate prices of these services to subsidise store offers, it doesn't reflect on the quality of the job just because it is more expensive.

Is there anywhere is Sheffield/chesterfield who can copy me a vhs video onto a dvd. Thanks

I do VHS-video tape to DVD conversions @ a reasonable price.

Send me a pm (pivate message).

m&p.

I have an all-in-one VHS to DVD converter in my loft, not used it for a while but I know it will be useful at some point. Glad I've kept it now looking at those prices!

The picture on the TV screen appears only in green as the video output colours have gone, but copy a video onto DVD and play the DVD in a normal DVD player and the picture colour and quality are excellent.

Should start up new a business with it! :D

Can anyone recommend a shop in the Sheffield area that can transfer old VHS video recordings onto DVDs. I need it done this week so don't want to post them off to some of the sites advertised on Google. ( yes I know I should have aloud myself more time ! )