New Kitchen - Howdens or Arnold Lavers

In the process of getting quotes for a new kitchen. We've had quotes from Magnet, Howdens and Arnold Lavers. All have come in around the £10k mark, but undecided between Howdens or Arnold Lavers......I prefer the colour of the units at Arnold Lavers and they're painted as opposed to vinyl but they're flat packed, whereas Howdens come rigid but they're vinyl wrapped. Both are high gloss units. The Arnold Lavers appear slightly better quality, but the doors aren't quite as heavy as Howdens........any kitchen fitters out there with experience of either/both?????

Howdens all the way......Lee,S6

I've not fitted a lavers kitchen, but I should imagine there's not much between them or Howdens, don't be put off by the flat pack. I fitted a wicks flat pack kitchen last week, provided by the customer, and was quite impressed.

I had a kitchen fitted by Jeff the Joiner (on here ) (JSmith2009) almost two years ago now I would say Howdens all the way for me solid well made products fitted by a top class joiner.

Ive had my howdens kitchen for over 4 years now and it still looks good as new.

we got an ex-display Laver's kitchen around 4.5 years ago - it is a mix of high gloss finish and glass. The units were already built up, but presume were flatpack at one point.

They are wearing really well and still look as good as the day they were fitted.

think they around the same as fitted both . happy to quote if you wanted a second price ta jeff

Direct kitchens on Holm Lane Hillsborough are brill.

Try sheffield kitchen outlet out at hillsborough. Oppersite the swfc ground. Top quility and very good prices. Ask for ben and mention you got there details off me on the forum. You will be very pleased with the quility and price.

Direct kitchens on Holm Lane Hillsborough are brill.

Not my experience of them. I wouldn't use them again, after poor fitting that took weeks to fix.

Kitchen Creations far better quality for the price, and the appliances are also better .

Our new kitchen is Howdens ( fitted by Jeff the joiner) and now we have used it a while we wished we'd gone back to kitchen creation, (bottom of London road).