Russell Brand's alternative politics

Bill Gates has 15 billions more wealth than I do but I'm not complaining. :D I'm telling you again that working for Walmart should not be looked on as a permanent career. Just a starting step to get some job experience.

Microsoft don't pay tax either!

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-microsoft-avoids-taxes-loopholes-irs-2013-1

If I with a Secondary Modern education could end up with a successful business and a nice bit put away for retirement then so should most other people

Not everyone wants to run their own business. You have to risk a lot and invest a lot of time. It's not for everyone. Some people want to work in a shop and interact with customers. Some people might want to start at the bottom and work their way up to a management position. That can take years. Years where your tax is topping up their salary!

There's no evidence to suggest that increasing the minimum wage will have a direct effect on inflation. I've already posted a link to this.

Yes there is.

If a small business can't afford to employ someone, they shouldn't employ them. They can always outsource to a bigger company that can afford to pay it's staff a minimum wage.

So you would rather see higher wages and more people unemployed, than lower wages but more people employed.

Yes there is.

So you would rather see higher wages and more people unemployed, than lower wages but more people employed.

No, would you rather see people not paid enough to live? 20%of working people are classed as in poverty in the UK today. You seem happy to let this continue?

I agree with Russell Brand, what he says about politicians is spot on. I also can see why he is telling young people not to vote as what do politicians actually do the hardworking and law abiding tax payer anyway?. They never do what they say will do or what they set out to do. Politicians intentions are all well and good but there is no follow through is there?. RUSSELL BRAND FOR PRIME MINISTER HA HA HA HA. :)

I agree with Russell Brand, what he says about politicians is spot on. I also can see why he is telling young people not to vote as what do politicians actually do the hardworking and law abiding tax payer anyway?. They never do what they say will do or what they set out to do. Politicians intentions are all well and good but there is no follow through is there?. RUSSELL BRAND FOR PRIME MINISTER HA HA HA HA. :)

Quite right, they only cater for a few, not the majority of us.

Quite right, they only cater for a few, not the majority of us.

Yeah they mostly think of themselves and their slutty mistresses that they are having it away with. Ha ha that sounded like Kenneth Williams in the Carry On films oooooooooooooooh I had his voice in my head as I was typing lol. :P:)

No, would you rather see people not paid enough to live? 20%of working people are classed as in poverty in the UK today. You seem happy to let this continue?

Yes if it means they have a job, and we can top up the wage of the people that need it the most, the way we calculate poverty means there will always be poverty. The system isn't perfect, there will always be winners and losers and no one as proposed a better system that is workable.

Yes if it means they have a job, and we can top up the wage of the people that need it the most, the way we calculate poverty means there will always be poverty. The system isn't perfect, there will always be winners and losers and no one as proposed a better system that is workable.

There's loads of fairer systems than the one we have. For a start a true capitalist democracy would be better. We don't live in a democratic society at the moment. If you want to read up on alternatives, feel free to do so.

Raising the minimum wage wouldn't hurt our small businesses and it wouldn't increase the cost of living.

Back to Walmart though, they CAN afford to pay their employees $15ph, they refuse to and the tax payer picks up the bill while the billionaire owners toss themselves ridged in their bank volts!

No one is proposing a better system. Brand and others are exploring the possibility through debate of creating a fairer system. The system needs tweeking, not replacing. In order to do that self serving politicians need to go as well as bumping off .:hihi:

It's unlikely to happen though as most are apathetic and accept simply on the basis of "it is what it is, innit". Sensitive people fear change. Sensitivity makes them unable to bear the outcome of unknown situations and this makes them afraid to change to what they are used to.

Capitalism can and does work, crony capitalism doesn't, unless you're a crony with a crony politician plying your goods for a back hander.

Let industry compete on a level footing, do away with the lobbyists for a start..

Raising the minimum wage wouldn't hurt our small businesses and it wouldn't increase the cost of living.

Yes it would and it wouldn't stop the need for to give benefits to workers.

Yes it would and it wouldn't stop the need for to give benefits to workers.

Paying the minimum that is costs to live is not asking a lot. You think you're right, I think I'm right. There's arguments to back up both sides.

Paying the minimum that is costs to live is not asking a lot. You think you're right, I think I'm right. There's arguments to back up both sides.

A living wage would imply that people in full time work won't need their wage topped up with benefits, is that the case?