Russell Brand's alternative politics

He has as much right as anyone else to voice his opinion.

You're under the false assumption that only Parliament can change anything. It's a big building and people sit and talk in it. It is not society - or the universe. People make their own way.

Parliament make laws, set the budget etc. and have the real power to change things.

Parliament is made up from political parties representative of society that society has voted for in an election.

It is far easier to demonstrate and complain than actually take responsibility and be accountable.

It is far easier to demonstrate and complain than actually take responsibility and be accountable.

True, but once elected that's when an MP's responsibility to society begins in earnest. They should not be slaves to their party machine, the whips and the lobbyists. They should fulfill their promise of representing their constituents and not just those that voted for them.

We may only vote once every 5 years, but our participation in an active democracy doesn't have to end there.

Demonstration and complaining can be responsible and accountable. Yet again, I stand by my comments - there is more to democracy than Parliament. You and I discussing something is democratic - we both respect each other enough to talk to and listen to each other. We may not agree, but it's an exchange.

Russell Brand's opinion, or mine, or yours, is not negated because we don't want to be MPs.

Demonstration and complaining can be responsible and accountable. Yet again, I stand by my comments - there is more to democracy than Parliament. You and I discussing something is democratic - we both respect each other enough to talk to and listen to each other. We may not agree, but it's an exchange.

Russell Brand's opinion, or mine, or yours, is not negated because we don't want to be MPs.

We all moan and groan in the pub and say what we would do if we were in power but the difference with the likes of Russell Brand is that they have wealth and a considerable following which could be utilised.

He makes his dissatisfaction with present politics and society widely known and therefore I think it is time to actually enter into the system where he can really change things.

Don't forget he urged the public to vote Labour in the last general election proving that he believes it is the elected politicians who can make change.

Don't forget he urged the public to vote Labour in the last general election proving that he believes it is the elected politicians who can make change.

He didnt.

First he urged the public not to vote at all. Then at the last minute after a very public media interview with Miliband, and when it was too late for people to then register for voting, urged them to vote Labour.

He didnt.

First he urged the public not to vote at all. Then at the last minute after a very public media interview with Miliband, and when it was too late for people to then register for voting, urged them to vote Labour.

....and when Labour nose dived in the elections he then quickly changed his mind again and insisted that he's just a simple comedian who knows nothing.... Oh then that changed to its all my fault and I might have influenced the vote..... Oh then it changed again to screw the political system... buy my profit making book about a revolution that will never happen... I hate capitalists.... I hate bankers.... Come look at me doing my bit for anti-austerity protests (from the comfort of the VIP section before dashing off into a waiting limo after some people dare to criticise me)... I hate capitalists.... I hate bankers.... Oh, make sure you all watch my profit making banker funded movie about the revolution against capitalists...

Yeah whatever Russell :loopy::loopy: People actually think this deluded ego has some sort of credibility.

His latest u-turns have been a step too far for many. After reading some of his former pilgrims actually see him for what he is all over twitter recently I don't think it will be long before the wheels fall off the wagon.

Edited by ECCOnoob

He makes his dissatisfaction with present politics and society widely known and therefore I think it is time to actually enter into the system where he can really change things.

He's famous and wealthy, thus that negates his right to moan. He should become an MP, because he's famous and wealthy.

Silly argument.

He's famous and wealthy, thus that negates his right to moan. He should become an MP, because he's famous and wealthy.

Silly argument.

Silly comment when only quoting part of my post.

We all moan and groan in the pub and say what we would do if we were in power but the difference with the likes of Russell Brand is that they have wealth and a considerable following which could be utilised.

Silly argument.

Silly argument.

Still a silly comment.

no pleasing you. :)

lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!