Badger trapped in my garden

went to put the car away and saw something near the gararge.

on closer inspection it looks like a baby badger.

there is no way into my garden other than the drive gates.

i have left the gates open for over 2 hours now ,but the badger is still there.

Any Advice ??

Best advice is just leave it where it is unless you think it may be hurt. If you do call the Badger Group. They won;t necessarily come out to look tho.

We had badgers in our garden for a while and Badger Group told me basically there was nothing they could do. I was warned for about 20 mins tho that if they were hurt I'd get arrested which really annoyed me cos all I wanted to do was find out how to discourage them not hurt them mainly cos they were digging up the garden.

Eventually they moved on. But wherever they were coming from was from the street and up the path and under the gate at the side of the house.

Best advice is just leave it where it is unless you think it may be hurt. If you do call the Badger Group. They won;t necessarily come out to look tho.

We had badgers in our garden for a while and Badger Group told me basically there was nothing they could do. I was warned for about 20 mins tho that if they were hurt I'd get arrested which really annoyed me cos all I wanted to do was find out how to discourage them not hurt them mainly cos they were digging up the garden.

Eventually they moved on. But wherever they were coming from was from the street and up the path and under the gate at the side of the house.

If they aren't coming out how can you be arrested? the coppers wont come out for a shooting never mind a black and white TB carrying animal!

If they aren't coming out how can you be arrested? the coppers wont come out for a shooting never mind a black and white TB carrying animal!

I was told that if anything happened to them whilst they were on my premises then I was liable even if I was fast asleep when they pegged it - they usually appeared about midnight. Totally agree with you re the coppers. I just left them to their own devices and eventually they went somewhere else.

They should extend the badger cull to South Yorkshire they're evil animals I caught one EATING my post the other day you can't make it up I just hope it was junk mail, thanks.

Hans.

its the blue and white animals we should be scared of

Call the RSPCA. Poor thing is probably terrified. But don't try and touch it because they can be very aggressive.

Don't be silly.

In the old days you could have hurled a few insults at it and generally undermined its self-confidence etc. But badger baitings illegal nowadays :-)

The Badger group seem well meaning but they do bang on about the legal stuff. Its like they are trying to scare you or something. I had a badger in the garden of my old house, rang them up and they were sympathetic at first but when i pointed out we have dogs and children they pretty much warned me not to let them out on the garden and if anything happened to the badger i could be arrested and my dogs destroyed. Maybe i got someone on a bad day so i put the phone down. I wasnt prepared to be spoken to like that so i ended the call.

I got rid of the badgers myself. During the day time i erected a small fence about 4 foot high right across the bottom of my garden so it formed a barricade. I then let the dogs out as normal. The badgers were gone pretty much right away and we had our garden back.

Don't be silly.

Explain which part you perceive to be silly!