Spying neighbours

How would you deal with a nuisance neighbour?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How would you deal with a nuisance neighbour?

• Have a chat and try to resolve your differences
    • Seek advice

I recently moved into an area where mainly old people live. I knew this when I viewed the flat and the neighbours all seemed lovely.

Now I've moved in they complain about everything. First because I pulled my car onto the grass verge for 5min to hoover it, I made sure the grass wasn't muddy. Then they complained because I asked them not to leave the bins in the middle of the path and the latest complaint is that my front door is noisy.

That's it I'm never moving after reading this thread. I'm lucky that my surrounding neighbours are great. I only see them when they knock on the door to inform me of something, or we have occasional get togethers. it's a lovely street of houses that don't overlook each-overs gardens. I've know people who have suffered with selfish arrogant neighbours, it must be hell.

I recently moved into an area where mainly old people live. I knew this when I viewed the flat and the neighbours all seemed lovely.

Now I've moved in they complain about everything. First because I pulled my car onto the grass verge for 5min to hoover it, I made sure the grass wasn't muddy. Then they complained because I asked them not to leave the bins in the middle of the path and the latest complaint is that my front door is noisy.

Typical young bloody tearaway

Typical young bloody tearaway

I actually asked the council permission to have a kitten and as I have a ground floor flat I said I could open a window to let it outside so it wouldn't need to go n the communal entrance. They were about to accept it but right at the last minute received a letter from one of the neighbours saying they do not agree as "it will kill her"

When the council woman came out to tell me she'd received te complaint bout driving on the grass we had a laugh about it. She said she knows she will receive a lot of complaints about me as its the kind of area I live in, they don't like that a young person has moved into the area.

So why, exactly, do you need to drive onto the grass verge?

I needed to pull forward a couple of feet to the hoover would reach. Even though I were using an extension cable it wouldn't reach. Once I'd finished I moved it back and when the council woman came out she said she understood and that she'd seen I'd caused no damage and there were no tyre marks

Are you considering the purchase of a longer extension?

That's it I'm never moving after reading this thread. I'm lucky that my surrounding neighbours are great. I only see them when they knock on the door to inform me of something, or we have occasional get togethers. it's a lovely street of houses that don't overlook each-overs gardens. I've know people who have suffered with selfish arrogant neighbours, it must be hell.[/quote

ha��

---------- Post added 28-10-2014 at 12:05 ----------

You must have known this when you viewed the property prior to buying/renting it, which begs the question , why move their if you like your privacy ?

That's like saying "I'm cold "to someone standing outside their door,then they reply "of course you are,you've left the flipping door open".

Edited by Bufferdude49
Spelling errors