Were Sheffield Children also let down by SY Police?

My guess - and it is just a guess - is that in the majority of these sad cases the girls parents let them down wayyyyy before SYP did ....

That's me attacking the victims is it??

Explain how please.

Err, just maybe the parents were victims too.

Blaming the victims was part of the whole evil process. A parent on Radio 4 this morning told how the scum would put up adverts in phone boxes advertising the "services" of her barely teenage daughter so that they could point and say "it's her and not me".

If the scum could blame the children for being bad, they could excuse their own behaviour. Thinking these children were merely some worthless product of bad parents is all part of the same deluded rational that the scum used to excuse their abuse, and the SYP used to excuse their looking the other way.

Blaming the victim's parents IS blaming the victims, it IS deflecting blame away from those that deserve it.

Quite frankly, I find your arguments despicable. :rant:

Blaming the victims was part of the whole evil process. A parent on Radio 4 this morning told how the scum would put up adverts in phone boxes advertising the "services" of her barely teenage daughter so that they could point and say "it's her and not me".

If the scum could blame the children for being bad, they could excuse their own behaviour. Thinking these children were merely some worthless product of bad parents is all part of the same deluded rational that the scum used to excuse their abuse, and the SYP used to excuse their looking the other way.

Blaming the victim's parents IS blaming the victims, it IS deflecting blame away from those that deserve it.

Thats a really good post. Well said :thumbsup:

Same as the sweeping statement YOU make that I have attacked the people who were victims....

Where have I done that?

Also - the DISCUSSION started by the OP was the question did SYP let them down (which of course they did) - not the actual abuse or abusers for that matter.

This was indeed the question posed but the question has to be asked within the context of the known sexual exploitation of children. There should be no mistake that the bad guys here are the abusers, not the victims, and certainly not their parents, who we do not know enough about to pass judgement on, and who have almost certainly suffered terribly in witnessing their children's abuse.

Well thank you for a well written reply.

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 14:01 ----------

This was indeed the question posed but the question has to be asked within the context of the known sexual exploitation of children. There should be no mistake that the bad guys here are the abusers, not the victims, and certainly not their parents, who we do not know enough about to pass judgement on, and who have almost certainly suffered terribly in witnessing their children's abuse.

Absolutely agree with that bit.

Also of course, even in instances where parents are partly at blame they will also then become victims themselves because of the abuse their children suffered.

Exactly. And as another poster says this is exactly the arguments the police and social services used to ignore the abuse. That the girls were slags, that they were from bad families and the abuse was the result of bad parenting and bad behaviour.

The abuse was committed by the abusers. The authorities failed to deal with it. The blame starts and ends in those two places.

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 14:09 ----------

Well thank you for a well written reply.

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 14:01 ----------

Absolutely agree with that bit.

Also of course, even in instances where parents are partly at blame they will also then become victims themselves because of the abuse their children suffered.

Still blaming the parents. Without anything to back it up.

Mod Note

Can we discuss the issue without the personal attacks and bickering over who is placing blame where please.

It contradicts the left wings entire Raison d'etre though doesn't it? The left wings core support is people who vote for them because they always have done and don't know any better. They're still stuck in the logic of the 1980s where Labour was the party of the working class.

Aside from them, most of the people who vote for Labour are middle class, university educated people. They subscribe to the credo that all white people are inherently powerful and oppress and exploit vulnerable brown people who are inherently powerless.

The problem with this though, is that they assume all white people are like them. They assume all white people can afford to own their own houses in 'naice' areas where these sort of things don't happen, that they can move away if they are faced with problems, that they will work in senior jobs and have influence and be able to send their children to decent schools in predominantly white areas.

Have to agree with this, Labour don't seem to represent the White working class though, they seem to view them as an underclass. To be respected by the Labour party when you are working class, it seems that you must be non-white, gay or disabled. To be working class is not enough if you are White, you must be middle class, working in a unionised workplace, ideally in the public sector, or retired.

But an awful lot of white people have absolutley no power at all. They are stuck in a council house they can't move from (I doubt very much whether any of these councils would have entertained moving away from groomers as a reason for a move - more likely to have dismissed it as 'racism' about daughters relationships. Often they may work in poorly paid jobs and have little savings to facilitate moving away or protecting their children. Their children may well be attending poor schools where most of the children have difficulties so support is hard to get. Plus, as we now know, the authorities who should have been assisting them were refusing to help.

Look back at the Stephen Lawrence case. The police where racist in that case because they immediately assumed it was a crime related black on black crime and blamed his innocent friend Dwayne as they viewed all young black men as worthless criminals.

Again, I agree.

Blacks were viewed as worthless, White working class people have been for a while and still are the ones who are viewed as worthless, and perhaps some sections of the immigrant community from EE are increasingly being seen as worthless too.

That was one young man. And it still rumbles on today. Yet 1,400 girls in Rotherham and now we have been told 400 minimum young women in Sheffield have been victims of serious offences which were ignored by the police in a decision which may well have been heavily influenced by race - and the left wing says nothing. Protects it's own. Denies it's happened.

Because their prime concern is to protect the primary narrative of their position on race - white people are always oppressors and non-white people are always powerless victims who need protection from authority which is inherently white.

And they are determined to hush up anything which shows that white people can sometimes be the powerless victims of powerful non-white people. Because that just entirely explodes every single atom of their dogma - and their priority IS their dogma. Not the victims.

Again I agree. And this is what let's White females get groomed and raped, and White males get beaten and robbed.

Have to agree with this, Labour don't seem to represent the White working class though, they seem to view them as an underclass. To be respected by the Labour party when you are working class, it seems that you must be non-white, gay or disabled. To be working class is not enough if you are White, you must be middle class, working in a unionised workplace, ideally in the public sector, or retired.

Again, I agree.

Blacks were viewed as worthless, White working class people have been for a while and still are the ones who are viewed as worthless, and perhaps some sections of the immigrant community from EE are increasingly being seen as worthless too.

Again I agree. And this is what let's White females get groomed and raped, and White males get beaten and robbed.

Great post. Totally agree, Labour Party with Pathfinder and their other anti-working class policies should be charged with treason.

The left are to blame for the rise of the right.

It is the family, or lack of, lets the girls down mostly.

It is the family, or lack of, lets the girls down mostly.

That is completely irrelevant. If a manipulative adult wants to take advantage of a child they will do so. Lets face it, no-one really develops the skill to stand up for themselves properly until late teens and the paedophiles know this.

And they will do so without regard of how good or bad the child's parents are. The parents are just as likely to be millionaires living in Dore or Totley, or alcoholics living in abject poverty, and everything else in between.

The only difference is that paedophiles don't congregate in the posher areas. They go to the places where they don't look so out of place, and where antisocial behaviour is the norm. And they will do it even more if they know the police and local authorities ignore their actions.

This is why it's much less likely to kids who live in better areas. AND FOR NO OTHER REASON.