A final 'goodnight' to Brude

So sad Strix, I used to always enjoy reading about him, such a lovely character

Run free precious xx

Sad news. I too used to enjoy reading about him. Run free..

Sad news to hear.

I'm sure he will always have a special place in your heart and has given you many lovely memories to look back fondly at.

Night night Brude xx

R.I.P. Brude. I've followed your progress over the years - not consistently - but been aware of your pivotal place in the 'Strix family'. Run free into the big unknown.

Hi Strix, sorry to hear this, hows H coping with it?x

Thanks everybody. Everything is just wrong at the moment. Because he did everything with us, he's missing from everything. He arrived with us shortly after we moved into this house. The place feels as though the roof is missing or something. It's horrible really :(

I didn't think H was old enough yet to be upset so much by him leaving us, but she looked at where his basket is supposed to be and just burst into tears yesterday. Deep, heart wrenching sobs. She keeps asking the same questions over and over again...

The only comfort I can offer, after losing Poppy recently, is that it does get easier, it never goes away, we still miss her terribly, but it's easing.

Keep him in your hearts & let her talk about him, and keep pictures around.

I really feel for all of you x

Oh Strix I'm so sorry for your loss, he was a lovely lad. Kids know more than we think, H is the same age as my youngest isn't she? She still talks about Blade now, and how much she misses him n he's been gone almost 5 months now. Hugs to u all xx

I don't come on the forum as often as I used to but when I heard I had to come & offer my condolences. When I was a regular visitor I used to love reading about this little character & his antics.

Sending you all my love & Brude run free little buddy xxx

I couldn't help but cry when I heard you had to have Brude pts

you always think you will be ready to say goodbye

but I don't think you ever are ready :(

you don't have dogs this long without having that special bond

at least he is in no more pain love & is at rest

time relay dose heal

I am so so sorry for your loss love :cry: :cry:

Edited by fabcakes

Thanks everybody. Everything is just wrong at the moment. Because he did everything with us, he's missing from everything. He arrived with us shortly after we moved into this house. The place feels as though the roof is missing or something. It's horrible really :(

I didn't think H was old enough yet to be upset so much by him leaving us, but she looked at where his basket is supposed to be and just burst into tears yesterday. Deep, heart wrenching sobs. She keeps asking the same questions over and over again...

My step daughter was 4 when Tico died, and she surprised us completely when one day when she was 7 she burst into tears without warning and we asked her if she'd hurt herself and what was wrong, and what came out in the big deep sobs was 'I miss Tico'. Just thinking about that day has now got me sobbing too, as much for H as for Brude.

I hope you can all remember him with love but without pain soon.