Will waste recycling take a mattress?

I have a mattress & bed base to dispose off, will I be able to take these to my local site which is Anston S25 Or will I have to pay for them to be collected?Thanks

Take them there and save yourself some money

I want to take them, I was asking will they accept them? ;)

this happened to us 4 weeks ago we bought a new mattress and we took the old mattress out side on the ide of our houe waiting for the council to remove it but the next day a man with a van knocked on the door asking if we wanted to buy an ex display mattress from him there was nothing wrong with the one we threw out it was only age that made us get a new one it was 9 years old and in good condition well I told the guy we had only jut bought one o told him to get lost the next day I was listening to a radio broad cast where these guys went round trying to sell you one but BEWARE IF ONE COME KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR IT'S A CON. what they do is go to a land fill or council ddump and collect as many as they can then they put a new cover on it put some ordinary foam in it and say it's memory foam but as I aid with a nw cover on and wrapped in plastic claiming it to be end of line or ex display mattress take no notice and phone the police it' one big con BEAWARE PLEASE

Yes they will accept items

Yes. I took 2 to the dumpit site in Sheffield recently. They even helped me unload them and dump them.

if there open the one near me is always shut don't know why I pay my council tax

---------- Post added 20-10-2014 at 20:30 ----------

if they are open the one near me is always shut don't know why I pay my council tax