Do you just live your life for others?

Sorry to hear about your loss, and it's great you can help others which helps you deal with your own problems. But been around someone like me would just make others feel worse. I need to find an alternative method which won't impact on others.

As you don't feel comfortable around people what about animals? Look into volunteering at some of the animal charities. They may welcome your help.

I do know what it is to be depressed, I have been there and tried several times to end it all. But somehow I found my way back (by identifying the underlying cause and eventually getting the help I needed)

So hang in there, and I hope you find your way out of that black hole.

As you don't feel comfortable around people what about animals? Look into volunteering at some of the animal charities. They may welcome your help.

I do know what it is to be depressed, I have been there and tried several times to end it all. But somehow I found my way back (by identifying the underlying cause and eventually getting the help I needed)

So hang in there, and I hope you find your way out of that black hole.

Underlying causes are probably me purposely missing sleep to avoid the re-occurring PTSD nightmares and then suddenly drinking heavily to blank it out. Like now I've just woke up after been awake for nearly 3 days.

I'm very fortunate and work as a paver / gardener with my boss who's also ex -forces so he has an understanding of my depression and PTSD, but still thinks I'm a miserable t... Yes something outdoors with animals would suit me, my hours are reduced in winter so this may fill my time more constructively.

Underlying causes are probably me purposely missing sleep to avoid the re-occurring PTSD nightmares and then suddenly drinking heavily to blank it out. Like now I've just woke up after been awake for nearly 3 days.

I'm very fortunate and work as a paver / gardener with my boss who's also ex -forces so he has an understanding of my depression and PTSD, but still thinks I'm a miserable t... Yes something outdoors with animals would suit me, my hours are reduced in winter so this may fill my time more constructively.

Unfortunately, the help available via the NHS isn't necessarily enough for some people.

Have you tried contacting Help for Heroes?

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/get-support/access-h4h-hidden-wounds/

Unfortunately, the help available via the NHS isn't necessarily enough for some people.

Have you tried contacting Help for Heroes?

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/get-support/access-h4h-hidden-wounds/

Yes HFH did find me help with some therapist worker, but I find her patronising so stopped attending.

Yes HFH did find me help with some therapist worker, but I find her patronising so stopped attending.

I know it's hard to find the motivation, but I'm sure they'd find you somebody else if you asked them to.

In any sort of talking therapy, it's vital that there's a good connection between patient/therapist, otherwise it doesn't work.

You don't have to say she's patronising, just that you didn't gel, they'll understand.

I'm involved in three charities too.

As it's been said, makes one forget our own.

I also had a hopeless therapist. Everything I said was interrupted by her telling me something about herself. Not what should happen in a counselling session.

But I later had another one who was incredibly helpful. Although she mostly just let me talk, she did also offer one or two coping mechanisms. One in particular made a big difference to me.

So it is well worth trying again with a different one.

have you tried these people?

http://www.combatstress.org.uk/

I know of someone who was helped by them and speaks highly about what they do

I think 99% of the time, we're always living life for us... and maybe there doing the same to you in reverse. I suppose that's what makes the world go round.

What would happen if we didn't live life for others? It would make it pretty pointless... I guess.

Interesting question and I suppose it depends in what context.

Everyone in the UK lives their lives for others, as everything you buy helps the majority of people in the world that makes it to remain in poverty, on or below the breadline.

From the abused tea pickers, to the coffee growers, we can all enjoy the fact we aid poverty, and wage slavery, which makes us the people we are proud to be part of and contributing to the tradition of western exploiters.

Here on Sheffield forum many enjoy living their life's for others, by sneering and putting down the poor over here. We are approaching the open season of abusing and kicking the beggars, who one can see on the pavements. A sport relished buy many on this site.

Everyone in the UK lives their lives for others, as everything you buy helps the majority of people in the world that makes it to remain in poverty, on or below the breadline.

From the abused tea pickers, to the coffee growers, we can all enjoy the fact we aid poverty, and wage slavery, which makes us the people we are proud to be part of and contributing to the tradition of western exploiters.

we could always stop buying such items resulting in these people being thrown out of work and probably being in a much worse position

Here on Sheffield forum many enjoy living their life's for others, by sneering and putting down the poor over here. We are approaching the open season of abusing and kicking the beggars, who one can see on the pavements. A sport relished buy many on this site.

For someone, if memory serves, who has a degree in psychology you've done a cracking job in potentially making a depressed op feel worse about themselves.

Well done.