Anyone tried the clean 9 programme?

I do agree with all that, I also prefer a method, eat less move more.

But I needed to loose a few kgs fast so decided to try it. It cost me money yes, but so do the takeaways and alcohol.

I have a positive experience because I have achieved what I wanted.

You would have achieved the same result by any calorie restriction diet, without spending lots of money and without enriching a company that is lying about it's product.

You would have achieved the same result by any calorie restriction diet, without spending lots of money and without enriching a company that is lying about it's product.

I keep seeing this thread and generally people who have tried this product seem to be quite happy with the results.However there seems to be one subscriber intent on saying that the company lies,diets do not work,and by also being rude enough to ask another subscriber to show what credibility they have to justify their taking the product.

Cyclone the threads you state decry the Aloe Vera product seem to use the comment ,"in my opinion" without stating that there has been anything scientific to prove or disprove the product

The heading keeps saying Clean 9 diet.The product does come in a box that clearly states, Clean9 Nutritional Cleansing Programme,with no mention of diet that I can see.If people are using this product as a diet ,then its not being used what is is designed for.

The person or doctor who has backed this product is a Dr Peter Atherton .The way that I see it he is one of the foremost authorities in Europe and possibly the world on Aloe Vera and its uses .

Cyclone ,your comments are that a company lies about its product.Could you enlighten me the lies that have been made about its product .

But just to conclude why I have entered this thread again is because of comments that seem to be misquoting a company.

I have yet to see any magic promises made by this company.

I have yet to see any comment made by Forever Products that Aloe Vera being used as a diet.

I think there is something in what you say Cyclone regarding this type of programme that is echoed by Forever Products .People do have to change their Lifestyle,and this seems to be an integral part of the Forever Mantra.

There is no such thing as nutritional cleansing or detoxing. And I wasn't the one who described the programme as a diet first.

If it makes any claim about detoxing (which from what has been said here it appears to do) then it's lying.

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 15:45 ----------

Your liver and kidneys rid your body of toxins. You can't alter how they function or in any way "detox" by altering your diet.

---------- Post added 06-01-2015 at 13:19 ----------

What evidence is there to support the part in bold?

It sounds more than likely that simply changing your diet and doing more exercise is what resulted in further weight loss.

You can't 'cleanse' your body.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/05/detox-myth-health-diet-science-ignorance

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7808348.stm

This was my first post on this thread, and everything I said still applies.

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 15:46 ----------

Hi Hallhorses.Thanks for your comments as I am very interested in how people find the product.Though not wishing to be a pedant,the cleanse 9 is a body cleanse and not a diet.

If the emphasis is put on the weight loss I guarentee that some bright spark will comment on how expensive the cleanse 9 is for weight loss like Cyclone has tried to do.

And you entered this thread back here to suggest that questioning the cost of this "product" was in some way a bad thing to do.

You even repeat the claims about "a body cleanse".

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 15:48 ----------

The clean9 product is from Forever Living Products,and yes it does work providing it is used as body cleansing and not as a diet

Just what is your vested interest anyway? Are you a reseller?

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 15:48 ----------

Not sure if it was lost in translation.But I clearly stated that this is NOT for weight loss ,but IS for someone wanting to DETOX their body.

Just to re confirm about CLEANS 9 ,this is not a weight loss or diet.

And again here you mentioned detox. Something that your liver and kidneys do, and that cannot be done by eating (or paying for) supplements of any kind.

---------- Post added 21-04-2015 at 15:50 ----------

I didn't comment on the cost at all... :suspect:

I pointed out that all detox diets are a load of nonsense and that you can't detox your body.

And this was my second post. Where I pointed out that you had incorrectly accused me of commenting on the cost, and again repeated that detox foods/diets/supplements are a load of nonsense. Something you haven't refuted (or indeed offered any scientific evidence to support).

i keep seeing this on facebook and wondered if anyone has tried this and does it work?

it appears to rid your body of toxins etc

its expensive so thought id ask for any feedback on sf

thanks in advance :)

Cyclone ,you seen intent on asking subscribers for evidence concerning the product cleanse 9,asking newmummy what her knowledge is based upon( several years study),even asking why I had a vested interest,and then asking another subscriber for evidence of their weight loss.

Now if you are a dietician,neutrician, a G.P or someone with a credibility to challenge others then I for one would love to hear your comments.

But when you choose to use something from the Guardian by a freelance writer for your credibility and evidence,then I for one have to disagree.

I believe in listening to people providing there is something to offer,but I see nothing but opinion and bias from you.

I chose to place the opening comments of this thread in my latest offering.This was just to confirm that someone was originally asking if anyone had used the product,and if it did remove toxins.

However it seems to me you took the opportunity to place your opinion without even clarifying if you had used the product.If you have not used it,then how can you comment.I in no way wish to enter any verbal battle but please refrain from supplying opinion without being asked for it.

I can say that I have used certain products from this company and I was more than impressed with their result,therefore I feel that I have the right to make a comment based on that.

Cyclone ,you seen intent on asking subscribers for evidence concerning the product cleanse 9,asking newmummy what her knowledge is based upon( several years study),even asking why I had a vested interest,and then asking another subscriber for evidence of their weight loss.

And you seem intent on not answering and trying to stop me asking such questions...

Now if you are a dietician,neutrician, a G.P or someone with a credibility to challenge others then I for one would love to hear your comments.

But when you choose to use something from the Guardian by a freelance writer for your credibility and evidence,then I for one have to disagree.

Disagree, it's a free world.

I do have a reasonable background in science, enough to question the biology behind any detox nonsense and to read and understand when reputable scientists debunk the idea.

I believe in listening to people providing there is something to offer,but I see nothing but opinion and bias from you.

I believe in science and evidence, feel free to offer either.

I chose to place the opening comments of this thread in my latest offering.This was just to confirm that someone was originally asking if anyone had used the product,and if it did remove toxins.

The answer is "no it does not".

However it seems to me you took the opportunity to place your opinion without even clarifying if you had used the product.If you have not used it,then how can you comment.I in no way wish to enter any verbal battle but please refrain from supplying opinion without being asked for it.

I have not used it. I can comment because I have a basic working knowledge of biology and the ability to read.

I can say that I have used certain products from this company and I was more than impressed with their result,therefore I feel that I have the right to make a comment based on that.

What is your vested interest? Is there some reason you don't want to answer this question?

I do agree with all that, I also prefer a method, eat less move more.

But I needed to loose a few kgs fast so decided to try it. It cost me money yes, but so do the takeaways and alcohol.

I have a positive experience because I have achieved what I wanted.

and the simple act of cutting out the alcohol and takeaways would make the body lighter, and the wallet heavier. without resorting to snake oil.

Whilst I don't support the marketing of this product as a 'detox' I do know a reseller from uni (in Australia) who is a personal trainer and used clean 9 to support fat burning whilst keeping muscle gain, which seemed to work quite well from the pictures I saw.

There is an argument which is based in evidence that certain types of calorie restriction can 'kick start' weight loss through altering your insulin response. In turn this can help you to feel more alert. I haven't looked into the specifics of clean 9 but I suspect you could get a similar result for a lot less money using protein shakes and fruit teas mixed with high levels of green veg.

I am intent on not being questioned by you .FULL STOP...

Correct ,it is a free world and as such people are entitled to an opinion which does seem contrary to your beliefs.Though I am surprised you using that old chestnut ,Freedom of speech...

Science and evidence that you have supplied so far appears to be from a Guardian columnist.

"No it does not".Just like listening to someone who says that they do not like flying when they have never flown.

I think that in this instance the basic grasp of secondary school Biology is less than required at the moment.

Anyway based upon the majority being seen as correct ,it would seem that you are in a minority.Take defeat with humility ,this will allow you to Troll other threads.

You don't need to be a nutritionist or GP to do research and form an opinion on nutrition matters.

And your typical nutritionist of GP would not think much of the 'clean 9' program'- they'd be innately distrustfull of the high price for something which they believe could be achieved through good diet alone.

I think it's a safe bet cyclones not used the product :)

I also think it's quite bizarre that you seem to claim people can't form an opinion on the product if they've not used it. I've never drunk petrol, but I'm confident that doing so would be a really bad idea.

---------- Post added 22-04-2015 at 10:05 ----------

Anyway based upon the majority being seen as correct ,it would seem that you are in a minority.Take defeat with humility ,this will allow you to Troll other threads.

He asked what your connection with the company was- that's a very fair question in the context of this thread- there are some intelligent people on this board and I can tell you that refusing to affirm/deny a connection to the company will not look good to them; it certainly doesn't to me.

And if you really believe that majority approval equates to truth in any way, then I pity you.

Okay, but don't expect anyone to believe your assertions if you can't or won't answer related questions.

Correct ,it is a free world and as such people are entitled to an opinion which does seem contrary to your beliefs.Though I am surprised you using that old chestnut ,Freedom of speech...

You are entitled to an opinion, where have I suggested that you aren't?

I am entitled to tell everyone that your opinion is incorrect, which I will continue to do unless you can support your opinion with some evidence.

Do you have something against freedom of speech?

Science and evidence that you have supplied so far appears to be from a Guardian columnist.

Which referred to the lack of any scientific support for the claims being made.

Science doesn't disprove things of course, if you want to claim that a plant has miracle like powers, you have to prove it's so, not challenge everyone else to disprove it.

"No it does not".Just like listening to someone who says that they do not like flying when they have never flown.

I've never tried to breath underwater, will you tell me I'm wrong if I say that it will cause you to drown?

I think that in this instance the basic grasp of secondary school Biology is less than required at the moment.

Feel free to explain what level of qualification you have, or indeed to provide evidence from a scientific study into the effects of Aloe Vera...

Not that you have any kind of majority support for you claims, but what you just did is this;

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html#bandwagon

Appeal to majority opinion.