Running group in S6 area?

Hi,

I just moved to Sheffield (S6) and I am wondering if there is a running group in this area, since I would like to get to know new trails and go for a run regularily.

The halamshire harriers run out of the bowling club at Hillsborough park, and I know there's a running group on Monday nights from the wise wood sports centre. The striders run groups all over, and seem to have one from the niagra club on Fridays - but information is a bit thin.

I could really do with a Wednesday night group, so if you find one, let me know! :)

---------- Post added 22-10-2014 at 14:59 ----------

to add to this - the Sheffield Striders have just announced a new Wednesday night group running from the Leisure centre @7pm. 7/10 miles on well lit roads, mixed ability.

i shall be going along to that from the week after next. :)

Hey! Thanks for your reply! Wednesday sounds good!

Who are the Sheffield striders? Can I just show up or do I have to sign up somehow?

Hey! Thanks for your reply! Wednesday sounds good!

Who are the Sheffield striders? Can I just show up or do I have to sign up somehow?

Hi Kirsten,

It's the Steel City Striders. They are one of a few local running clubs (the area has a very lively club scene). I found info on their Hillsborough training run here. The first one is tomorrow. I'm sure you will be able to just turn up. I know Andrew Davies who is down as leader, and the Striders are a good club and will make you feel welcome.

If you fancy more of a travel, my own club - Sheffield Running Club - offer training runs for all abilities on Tuesdays and Thursdays from the English Institute of Sport. Easily reachable from Hillsborough via tram, and you would be very welcome to join us. Our coach also runs a weekly hill training session in the woods out in Oughtibridge which might be good for you if you like running on trails. More info here - http://sheffieldrunningclub.org.uk/training-sessions/faq/ or feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Happy running!

There is also Strideout which is a ladies only running club. No annual membership fees and all abilities. I used to go (just work in a gym now so i cant) and it is really good. You can find their page on facebook.