Oil on river don

who keeps polluting the river don near hillsborough and kelham

Is it oil Kitten or is it still the kerosine fuel from the fire a while ago that is still seeping into the river? I know they have been working long and hard to clean it all up but unfortunately they probably won't have got it all.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/fears-for-river-don-after-blaze-1-6738145

theres more contamination in the river?

not sure what it is.

---------- Post added 19-10-2014 at 09:25 ----------

theres been about more since that incidence

who keeps polluting the river don near hillsborough and kelham

You need to report it to the Environment Agency on 0800 80 70 60. It's a 24 hour hotline.

Has it been reported anywhere what action was taken by the E.A. over the storing of kerosene in unsuitable containers?

I gave a wry smile when I saw the company who were responsible for the contamination had been hired by the E.A. to do the clean up.

I have reported it to EA

Please report anything regarding river/suspected illegal fishing to 0800 807060

Edited by Audilad

One of the grandchildren works down that way.  Said there are booms across the river, just up from Lady's Bridge, a tanker wagon on Nursery St, with a pipe running to the river but there's still a large trail of oil running from further up stream & a strong smell of fuel in the area. 

It's a shame because there quite a bit of wildlife that's built up down there over the past few years. 

Apparently there was a camera crew down there yesterday but there hasn't  been anything on the local tv news. 

Apparently the fuel leak has been traced back to one of the buildings occupied by the Home Office, just up from Lady's Bridge. 

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Apparently the fuel leak has been traced back to one of the buildings occupied by the Home Office, just up from Lady's Bridge. 

I trust that Theresa Villiers has complained to Priti Patel in the strongest possible terms.

On 18/01/2020 at 01:25, Martin C said:

I trust that Theresa Villiers has complained to Priti Patel in the strongest possible terms.

The Home Office don't own the building, they only rent it. 

It was a leak from a generator that caused it and the company had engineers out the same day