Tyre tracking - more frequent due to Sheffield roads?

I have not had a problem in 35 years of motoring around the city. Sworn about potholes, but it has never...... so far..... caused any damage to any of my vehicles.

If the information you have from the Volvo forums is reliable and correct, I think your time and effort would be better spent writing a letter to Volvo. If you also write to SCC, are you going to tell them that pot holes affect the particular model of car that you have? I am not saying that you should not write to SCC, but they are going to want to know specifically which pot holes (location etc) you feel are/were responsible for the issues.

To just generalise about pot holes and the state of the roads in a letter to SCC will gain you nothing in my opinion.

PS: Which Volvo model do you have , including year affected by the faults?. Thanks.

There are cars out there that even with the tracking set properly will tend to wear tyres unevenly.

However, whatever your car the state of the roads don't help- I had a full tracking set up done in June, just had a new tyre and there was a need for a slight adjustment again! (Do use my car an awful lot though)

Edited by MrsMozzy
Went a bit off-topic! Sorry!

If the information you have from the Volvo forums is reliable and correct, I think your time and effort would be better spent writing a letter to Volvo. If you also write to SCC, are you going to tell them that pot holes affect the particular model of car that you have? I am not saying that you should not write to SCC, but they are going to want to know specifically which pot holes (location etc) you feel are/were responsible for the issues.

To just generalise about pot holes and the state of the roads in a letter to SCC will gain you nothing in my opinion.

PS: Which Volvo model do you have , including year affected by the faults?. Thanks.

It's a V70 2.5T from 2007. I will be talking to Volvo as well as it is getting a bit silly, but I don't want them hunting for a fault at my expense.

There are cars out there that even with the tracking set properly will tend to wear tyres unevenly.

However, whatever your car the state of the roads don't help- I had a full tracking set up done in June, just had a new tyre and there was a need for a slight adjustment again! (Do use my car an awful lot though)

Yeah this is it. I think it is undeniable that the bad state of roads here (still!) is having a negative impact on survivability of cars. Not exactly friendly for the environment either all those wasted tyres and cars that get written off sooner!

Why is someone else always to blame. Take responsibility, you drive the car. Good luck with proving its pot holes

Why is someone else always to blame. Take responsibility, you drive the car. Good luck with proving its pot holes

I have driven Volvos for a long time, in teh Netherlands I had one that didn't new tyres for 4 years despite driving 25K kms/year - why be blind to the fact that the roads in Sheffield are in a terrible state.

volvos are the same base as the vectra they suffer with the same sort of tyre ware, Iv'e seen some vectras with real bad tyre problems one guy I was talking to said he fitted wider tyers to his vectra and that seemed to sort it out, ware in the top bush bearings and ball joints on the front and the anti roll bars on the back can cause this fault as well,the main thing seems to be to fit good quality tyres and make sure they are at the right pressure...

Sheffield roads are in a terrible state where ever you go, I went into Derbyshire the other week and Whirlowdale Road was terrible and that's in an area where houses are very expensive, so it just shows you on this occasion if you live in a expensive area the roads are just the same as anywhere else.

As for the putting a claim in at SCC or Amney who ever it is good luck as my mate a few years back had a damaged tyre due to a pot hole and it was a 2 month old Michelin and he took a photo of the tyre damage (which was a giant egg as they call it on the tyre wall) and also a photo of the pot hole with a covering letter and they just wrote back and fobbed him off and said the hole would be repaired asap but we can't be sure that it was that pothole which caused your tyre damage so get lost.

volvos are the same base as the vectra they suffer with the same sort of tyre ware, Iv'e seen some vectras with real bad tyre problems one guy I was talking to said he fitted wider tyers to his vectra and that seemed to sort it out, ware in the top bush bearings and ball joints on the front and the anti roll bars on the back can cause this fault as well,the main thing seems to be to fit good quality tyres and make sure they are at the right pressure...

Incorrect, it shares parts with a Mondeo though.