Time to tackle inequality!

It is possible to run a profitable business and pay your taxes.

It is sometimes, but you won't get your hands on more of other peoples' money by doing it and greed is all that matters in capitalist systems. BTW I suspect that every country on this sphere runs a capitalist system using some form of money simply because people can't do everything for themselves and need to trade

It is sometimes, but you won't get your hands on more of other peoples' money by doing it and greed is all that matters in capitalist systems. BTW I suspect that every country on this sphere runs a capitalist system using some form of money simply because people can't do everything for themselves and need to trade

But at the moment, we are heading for a meltdown. We can't continue as we are. All the wealth is held by a very small minority. Where is the money for consumers? Surely you agree that the current system is shafting us? The cost of living is going up constantly and the rates of pay are stagnant. Unless you're at the top, in which case your income will be increasing rapidly!

But at the moment, we are heading for a meltdown. We can't continue as we are. All the wealth is held by a very small minority. Where is the money for consumers? Surely you agree that the current system is shafting us? The cost of living is going up constantly and the rates of pay are stagnant. Unless you're at the top, in which case your income will be increasing rapidly!

Yes, I agree with you but the people with all the money will not give it up.

Yes, I agree with you but the people with all the money will not give it up.

Then what's the answer? Because something has to change!

Poor people pay tax, middle classes pay tax and the majority of wealthy people pay tax . However, the people at the top, the ones that own most of the wealth in the world, they avoid tax at all costs.

But they still pay substantially more tax than most people and your video was comparing the low paid workers to the highly paid earners, and not corporations.

This video explains how it is possible and how other countries are capable of doing it. We can't go on like we are for much longer!

I lost interest when the commentary in the first YT clip said the nurse on 27k per year struggles to get by on what she earns. The trouble with people, is that they want to live beyond their means. They want to spend money that they don’t have on stuff they don’t need.

I really could not care less how much higher other people’s income is. Why should I care about that?

I lost interest when the commentary in the first YT clip said the nurse on 27k per year struggles to get by on what she earns. The trouble with people, is that they want to live beyond their means. They want to spend money that they don’t have on stuff they don’t need.

I really could not care less how much higher other people’s income is. Why should I care about that?

You've contradicted yourself there mart.

Edited by Stan Tamudo

Then what's the answer? Because something has to change!

Perhaps, but you can't do it on yourself

---------- Post added 18-10-2014 at 20:48 ----------

How do you know what her means are? It's not even for you to day

How do the rich get rich?

Many of them thrive on the gullibility of the average Joe that feels that they "have to" pay for ever-upgrading crap.

The rich get rich by selling the workers the things they produce therefore getting the money that they paid out in wages back.

Simple .

Edited by dafodil

The average joe nowadays can afford a lot more than they did 30 years ago. Very few went out to restaurants regularly. One TV was a luxury. And we as a middle class family regularly turned the lights out and only put the heating on sporadically. How many people had a car then?

The rich pay tax and pay for those who don't pay any tax. The tiny minority who use tax havens, probably still pay a lot more tax than most.

What someone else earns is an irrelevance except for the jealous.

The average joe nowadays can afford a lot more than they did 30 years ago. Very few went out to restaurants regularly. One TV was a luxury. And we as a middle class family regularly turned the lights out and only put the heating on sporadically. How many people had a car then?

The rich pay tax and pay for those who don't pay any tax. The tiny minority who use tax havens, probably still pay a lot more tax than most.

What do you fancy this evening? A bit of ELO tickles me fancy!

Well said Ron :thumbsup: