Sheffield yarn shops?

If anyone fancies going slightly further out of Sheffield, then there is a lovely shop in Bakewell that sells wool as well as patchwork material and other crafty things. It's the only local place I know of that sells noro, ggh etc. I think it's called Patchwork direct, although I may be wrong.

Thanks for that recommendation. I've just found the address and phone number; it is called Patchwork Direct. They also have a website where you can order things online. I'm just off to put the information in the sticky 'Recommended Links' thread at the top of the page.

For info, a new wool shop has opened at Hunters Bar Roundabout - Wool Baa I think it was called. Not a huge range of stock, and a focus on higher quality (and therefore price!) wools - e.g., Debbie Bliss and the like. They have an opening offer on of 10% off all yarns - but I didn't register when this ran until.

Cheers, Carrie

For info, a new wool shop has opened at Hunters Bar Roundabout - Wool Baa I think it was called. Not a huge range of stock, and a focus on higher quality (and therefore price!) wools - e.g., Debbie Bliss and the like. They have an opening offer on of 10% off all yarns - but I didn't register when this ran until.

Cheers, Carrie

Thanks for that Carrie. I wonder if they have a web site I can link to on here? I'll look up the details and post them in the knitting shops section of the 'Recommended Links' thread.

on Abbeydale Rd I noticed a patchwork shop that has started selling 'Katia' yarns and patterns.

Travelling towards town, the shop is situated on left hand side , after the bottom of Carterknowle rd,in the same small group of shops where Carol's dress shop is.

I'm sure that place is called 'Patchwork Garden'

Hi Hecate,

I love the recommended links to knitters' blogs you posted, thank you for that :thumbsup::)

on Abbeydale Rd I noticed a patchwork shop that has started selling 'Katia' yarns and patterns.

Travelling towards town, the shop is situated on left hand side , after the bottom of Carterknowle rd,in the same small group of shops where Carol's dress shop is.

Thanks for the recommendation, gaye, and to rooty for the name of the shop. I've added Patchwork Garden to the list of Sheffield knitting-related shops in the 'Recommended Knitting Links' section.

And thanks also to carriewarr; I've also just added Wool Baa to the list too :) .

Hi Hecate,

I love the recommended links to knitters' blogs you posted, thank you for that :thumbsup::)

Thank you :) .

I have loads of stuff to add to the blog section, and also to both the 'Recommended Knitting Links' and 'Recommended Crochet Links' sections. I shall try to get the sections updated before next weekend.

Just wondered - anyone who may have been into the Wool Baa, does it carry stuff that John Lewis doesnt - does it do sock yarns, stuff other than sirdar, Rowan, Debbie Bliss, Jaeger (I find it easy to get to JL but parking on Eccleshall road is pants?

Been to JL today and fondled all the yarn - particularly liked Debbie Bliss silk alpaca mmmmmmmmm :love: oh and bought half a tonne of pins for blocking:D

LisaH xxx

If in Whitby this summer there is a shop called Bobbins Wesley Hall, Church St, Whitby. selling Colinette yarns and some denim yarn.

UK kitting and crochet Guild, used to meet in Sheffield once a month on a Saturday contact for lady who runs it is e-mail elizabeth@dimbelby.net

Also see guild web site.

Have had a life time of knitting myself , dont do so much now ,

Happy knitting to you all !!

If in Whitby this summer there is a shop called Bobbins Wesley Hall, Church St, Whitby. selling Colinette yarns and some denim yarn.

UK kitting and crochet Guild, used to meet in Sheffield once a month on a Saturday contact for lady who runs it is e-mail elizabeth@dimbelby.net

Also see guild web site.

Have had a life time of knitting myself , dont do so much now ,

Happy knitting to you all !!

Gaye, thank you for the information. I tried to send you a PM to say a quick welcome to the knitting group, but I noticed you're not set up to receive PMs at the minute.

I'll do it here instead then: Welcome to the knitting group! Even though you don't knit so much these days, it would be great if you could be involved in the group. I know I'd appreciate the advice of someone with more knitting experience than I have :) .

Oooh just noticed this on a different forum talking about the Wool Baa - maybe I should take some time for a visit:D

LisaH xxx