Would you freeze your eggs for a career??

WOULD YOU FREEZE YOUR EGGS TO FOCUS ON YOUR CAREER?

Can a woman have it all? Facebook and Apple are offering female employees the chance to put their dreams of motherhood on ice - by paying for them to freeze their eggs. The incentive is designed to help top female talent stay in*work while not sacrificing their career for motherhood. The two companies are willing to pay £12,500 a time to cover the cost of putting the eggs on ice plus an additional £300-a-year for deep freeze storage. But does this move suggest that women have to postpone having children in order to succeed in the workplace, and should big companies simply be offering more flexible working conditions?*

This is a truly stupid idea. It's another example of how big corporations are greedy.

It also sends out the wrong message to women. Facebook and Apple make more than enough money without having to blackmailed women into taking such a massive risk!

They don't pay tax and they hold billions in accounts that are a result of their lack of morality to the general public. This bribe should be stopped immediately and made illegal!

Why do all the OP's posts look like they're copied directly from the Daily Mail comment board or something??

WOULD YOU FREEZE YOUR EGGS TO FOCUS ON YOUR CAREER?

Can a woman have it all? Facebook and Apple are offering female employees the chance to put their dreams of motherhood on ice - by paying for them to freeze their eggs. The incentive is designed to help top female talent stay in*work while not sacrificing their career for motherhood. The two companies are willing to pay £12,500 a time to cover the cost of putting the eggs on ice plus an additional £300-a-year for deep freeze storage. But does this move suggest that women have to postpone having children in order to succeed in the workplace, and should big companies simply be offering more flexible working conditions?*

Do they get a free 6+ and unlimited minutes?

Why do all the OP's posts look like they're copied directly from the Daily Mail comment board or something??

Who cares if they are??

I froze my eggs once. Thats the last time i wear cycle shorts in winter :(

Flexible working in terms of hours and location and a high quality on-site subsidised (or even free) nursery would be better (for both men and women) imo.

Flexible working in terms of hours and location and a high quality on-site subsidised (or even free) nursery would be better (for both men and women) imo.

Oooh, but that will eat into Facebook's $800,000,000 profits and almost destroy Apple's $37,000,000,000 profits!

How would they cope?

I didn't know you could freeze them. My fridge has got a special tray to put them in but the freezer hasn't.

Coupled with a decent, paid, maternity (and paternity) leave.

jb

---------- Post added 16-10-2014 at 10:58 ----------

This is a truly stupid idea. It's another example of how big corporations are greedy.

It also sends out the wrong message to women. Facebook and Apple make more than enough money without having to blackmailed women into taking such a massive risk!

They don't pay tax and they hold billions in accounts that are a result of their lack of morality to the general public. This bribe should be stopped immediately and made illegal!

I don't really get how their proposal is greedy or anything to do with their tax bill. Its intent is to address the imbalance between the number of female execs compared to male.

jb

I don't really get how their proposal is greedy or anything to do with their tax bill. Its intent is to address the imbalance between the number of female execs compared to male.

jb

And you believe that? How do women in business get to where they are today? There are plenty of high performing business women today. The fact that they want to take a year out to have children shouldn't affect their chances of becoming a chief exec.

However, this proposal does send out the massage that having children affects a woman's chances.

Who cares if they are??

I just feel like I'm being sucked into a Jeremy Kyle esc discussion every time.

It's the exact same format, even if the topic isn't about rotten chavs like it would be on JK.