Embarrassing yet sincere question.

I did - I put ALOT in to trying to get a business of the ground. Which I've had to put on hold. Is that not a smart thing to do?

Do I sound like I'm crying - or blaming other people? I started working for a company who was 'secretly' in the process of going bankrupt... How is that not a huge factor?!

So you was earning £30k , why didnt you save some for a rainy day? dont come on here crying and blaming other people. You cant be that stupid if you can find a job that pays 30K so why have a flash house/car and no underpants?

It's a fair point, but don't they say that most people are only a couple of pay packets away from the breadline?

Rob, you seem like a sound guy, trying hard - hope you manage to hang in there.

More particularly, how is a car any more relevant as a reason for my problem, than being lied to by a business? I'm gobsmacked at the logic.

Rob, don't let the muppet fraternity of SF get to you. There's a few of them around.

:)

The car isn't any more relevant- it's just the fastest way to relieve some of the debt burden that you have.

Selling it may be very short-sighted if you can be more comfortable quickly though. I wouldn't sell a car that I really needed if I could tough it out for only a few weeks and then be in a position to keep running it. I'd only consider selling it if there was nothing on the horizon to reduce the problem in the foreseeable future.

Do you have anything else you could sell or swap to get a working microwave?

Whilst I agree that it's always a good idea to have some cash saved for a rainy day, the guy genuinely does seem to have found himself in a harsh position through no fault of his own. Coming on here and berating the guy isn't really helping is it.

I hope you manage to tough out the next couple of months. Nov/Dec will be here before you know it!

Get a cash in hand delivery fast food.

Cash in hand food deliveries arent worth doing if you you have to pay your fuel and youre properly insured for business use, weve covered that one on here several times.

Can't you take some credit against the house?

I agree about getting rid of the car if it's remotely possible. Sounds like you overpaid for it hence the significant drop from invoice price.

Perhaps you could part exchange it for an older Audi A1 (or any other car really) and assuming the car you are part exchanging for is cheaper than your current one, the cash difference could tie you over for a few months. Try contacting a few Audi dealers to compare prices.

For a quick buck, are there any items you could sell to secondhand electronics shops like Cex?

Hope it works out for you....

So you was earning £30k , why didnt you save some for a rainy day? dont come on here crying and blaming other people. You cant be that stupid if you can find a job that pays 30K so why have a flash house/car and no underpants?

Why don't you just take your effing vileness somewhere else.

You nasty little s**** :rant: