SEO what Should I consider ?

most people seam to either promise a basic plan everyone offers or just tell you they know what there doing.

all i want to know is what is needed in seo ?

Most people offer the same think, audit, keyword, competitors research, full site check, link building ?

what should a good plan in or what bits would i need to get done.

From what I understand having a blog is quite good, wee just working on it for our website now.

Post removed

Edited by allysum

most people seam to either promise a basic plan everyone offers or just tell you they know what there doing.

Most people offer the same think, audit, keyword, competitors research, full site check, link building ?

Buy SEO for Dummies. It will teach you everything you need to know. It's my bible (I need to buy the updated version...Google keep changing the way they search stuff :rant:)

You can check your own site with Lipperhay SEO Service. Read the report that is generated and make sure you understand each section. Then you can decide which areas to address and how.

Without wanting to take business away from people, SEO really isn't rocket science, if you spend ten-twenty minutes a week doing a few simple things than you should get decent results.

A few tips re. Google:

Include metadata (keywords) in your website that covers the things people might look for, think like a person searching. Keep a list going of things you want to be found as, include synonyms and ensure that you use the single form (amplifier will find amplifier and amplifiers) check this list once a month and update your site if necessary. Don't overdo it - there is no point in drawing traffic from people who won't buy stuff of you (this will actually cost you if you get it badly wrong).

Make sure you have a Google Plus presence and ask people to write recommendations for you on there. It is easy to do for anybody with a Google account (Gmail for example).

If you want you can create a blog on your site, Google will trawl sites more frequently if they change more frequently. Write a blog-post once a week if you can - alter product descriptions and make sure they are up to date.

Check this site frequently, it has basic tips and sometimes (when things change) you can find about it here.