Web design and seo

I'm looking for a good web designer who is good at seo, I'd like recommendations first, price will come in to it but is not the main driving force, like to build more of an ongoing relationship with a person I can trust (sounds like an ad for lonely hearts)

Thanks everyone.

Shaun

Post removed

Edited by allysum

Hi Shaun,

Always happy to help we have a different approach to SEO we found blogging provides a better approach to getting results, relevant information that will be useful for your users.

I have my seo done by someone called Nigel Dodds, feel free to contact him his number is 07931642656

Just make sure you don'y buy links from cow boys who offer a very cheap solution i was stung with that.

Edited by clintmartin
mistake

My reply to the previous post made by clintmartin which was removed for some reason, which went... Im sure he's in love with Nigel Dodds or on commission lol every post i see there he is Nigel lol

The reason I put his name forward is because he does a very good just of keeping the seo of my website on page 1 of Google, so if someone is doing a good job for you it's what you call recommending if you know what I mean clintmartin

My reply to the previous post made by clintmartin which was removed for some reason, which went... Im sure he's in love with Nigel Dodds or on commission lol every post i see there he is Nigel lol

The reason I put his name forward is because he does a very good just of keeping the seo of my website on page 1 of Google, so if someone is doing a good job for you it's what you call recommending if you know what I mean clintmartin

The miracles of Google Plus are certainly not lost on him ;)

Web designers are notoriously rubbish at SEO as they are coming from a different perspective. PM me what you have in mind.

Post removed

Edited by allysum

Hi Shaun,

Please feel free to drop me an email with your list of requirements. I've been building commercial websites for over 10 years, I've got a vast amount of experience with every single aspect from start to finish of a website, including all the server setup, domains, design, responsive development, CMS Frameworks (Of which I built a custom one which is a lot more suitable for people just wanting to manage content, news, pages, events, case studies, contact forms, etc - much more lightweight than wordpress). I code front to back - everything.

My SEO work is purely organic - no paid services at all. I do work through social media and strong keyword placing within clean code - it's the best way to get actual organic SEO. Much like this one; http://canarydigital.co.uk/web/assets/analytics.png - can't promise the same results - obviously! It really depends on the website, but strong interaction is always possible! (The analytics are for the website I built; http://www.hsdirect.co.uk - this one isn't responsive unfortunately - I'd have liked to have, but they just weren't bothered about it)

My email is [email protected].

Have a good one,

Rob

Edited by treetonrob

Yeah I would second what everyone has said. Make sure you find someone who is realistic and honest with you. You're not going to achieve overnight results if you do SEO ethically and properly, but if you follow Google's guidelines then your site should slowly rise and stay penalty free in the long term.

Yeah I would second what everyone has said. Make sure you find someone who is realistic and honest with you. You're not going to achieve overnight results if you do SEO ethically and properly, but if you follow Google's guidelines then your site should slowly rise and stay penalty free in the long term.

Absolutely - someone who can be open and honest about your development is absolute key. I see all too many web developers over-promising, and they get bitten in the long run when clients turn to other developers.

I always do my absolute best with web development, and I aim to be as cheap as possible too - that way, when businesses need something in the future... if they've had a good experience with me, why would they go anywhere else? ;)

Google's guidelines are paramount - follow them to a tee, and like Leeaaron said; they'll rise (sometimes slowly) - but being penalty free and not using 'cheat-sheets' to get you to the first page over a day or two, will mean that you'll have a MUCH longer standing on the front page, when you finally get there. A majority of people nowadays, don't even stop searching, on the first page. I had a website get over a thousand unique visits per day, directly from Google Search, which baffled me - because they were on the 3rd page. No paid advertising or anything. Madness!

But yes, organic SEO is the way forward. Properly done, you can achieve big results that do nothing but ramp up. And that ramp get's steeper and steeper, the longer you leave it.

With me, my SEO is all about content drive. I consistently go in to a client's website every month, and do a small report to say; these are the pages that are lacking, these ones are strong... and then we go off the behaviour of a visitor, to try and encourage them to go elsewhere on the website - and hopefully, get a conversion.

:)