Supermarket home delivery recommendations - Abbeydale/Netheredge

Hi all. I'm about to use supermarket home delivery for the first time as I have sustained an injury that prevents me from being able to walk without crutches. A forum search only turned up old threads relating to specific supermarkets.

I would like to hear from people who have used any supermarket home delivery service in the Abbeydale/Netheredge area.

I understand this might start an opinions war... I only need to know if they will carry the delivery up into the kitchen of my first floor flat; please only respond if you are certain they can offer this service. Reasonably priced and punctual would be nice extras

Thanks.

To be honest there all about as good as each other these days, some offering different options. Your best bet is to get your food from the store which you would most like shop in!

Morrisons will carry it to your kitchen if required. Asda didnt used to be insured to enter your property but you could ring the home shopping department of the store it will be delivered from to check if they will ask the driver to do it. Abbeydale area should come from Chaucer Road. Tesco used to offer the service. I have no idea about Occado or Sainsburys.

Have you thought about ringing each supermarket and asking them?

Thanks for the responses. There are many ways I could have gone about looking for an answer, and this is the one I chose - this way I might hear about an option I hadn't previously considered. Thanks for the good info, fredsredhat.

We live in a first floor flat. Waitrose will carry upstairs (£60 minimum order, but free delivery). Sainsburys will also carry upstairs (chargeable delivery depending on the slot).

Asda don't take it over the doorstep. It tells you this on the website FAQs.

Ocado will have no problems carrying upstairs to your first floor flat.

If you can get a free trial on their Smart Pass scheme then you will also get free delivery.

We live in Nether Edge and have used them a few times. The drivers have always been punctual and often they have telephoned asking if they can come early.

On the day of delivery you get an email listing the expiry dates of all of your items and detailing any substitutes so that you can be prepared to reject anything before the driver arrives.

Edited by molar

I have a delivery from Tesco .

The delivery man even offers to put the frozen goods in the freezer.

Quite unnecesary but the thought is there.

used to live in s7 and get tesco delivery to my front door (although not a flat) however always used to chat to driver and say at least i'm not on the 7th floor etc and the reply was usually yeah just had to do one like that so assuming tesco do ( or at least did)

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 22:27 ----------

ps if new search for some online codes for money off shopping for tesco/ asda etc, might save you a small fortune

Ocado and only ocado.

They never give me bruised fruit, near out of date meat or substitute with daft things. Drivers always have a smile and polite (even recommending items bought) no matter what the weather.

Only once had broken eggs, but they took em back and refunded my money, and since then eggs are always safely packed.. They even price match a few days after your order and give you a voucher for the difference (last week got £6 back)

Personal Experience

Used ASDA until the last 3 orders all the perishable were so close to end of date. Had 3 different meats which all ran out the next day

Moved to Sainsburys solely because they tell you if its short date when they deliver and if your not happy, they will take it away.