ALIGARGH in Crosspool

Had 2 excellent takeaways - very good quality authentic food. Wiil be eating here regularly.

Any more updates on the new restaurant? Thinking of visiting soon to try it out...still sad that Artisan closed though

we ate there on Saturday evening, the restaurant was full so I would suggest booking, the food was good, service was good and the drinks were a reasonable price, not the usual rip off restaurant prices. we will certainly be visiting again soon.

Just got back from an early tea with the family.

Thought it was very good. Classy inside , proper tablecloths and napkins.

High quality cutlery , tableware etc.

Friendly staff (including a couple of chaps overseeing everything who I imagine are the owners).

Nothing too out of the ordinary on the menu but evrything we had was superbly cooked and spiced plus good quality meat and prawns.

Really good masala fish , lamb and chicken tikka starters. Lamb especially was melt in the mouth.

Excellent king prawn achar and a fresh tasting chicken Karahi

Yummy naan bread, fluffy on the inside, crispy and buttery on the outside.

Food certainly on a par with somewhere like the rajput but much better atmosphere.

Only criticism would be that my chicken Karahi could have been a bit spicier , think they are being a bit soft on the heat due to location (i.e. White middle class area) but that is easily solved next time.

Was getting very busy as we left and not huge inside (unless they have tables upstairs too, I didn't ask) so need to book.

Will be back to eat in and for takeaway as miles better than the ranmoor tandoori and Panahar (not hard to beat them as they are rubbish) plus I have given up on Paprikas takeaway due to terribly inconsistent food recently..

All in all , very pleased they have opened!

Sounds like a welcome addition. The fact they have tandoori fish is a plus for me. I wish more Indian restaurants did this.

I used to go to Paprika for take-aways at one time. Their tandoori chicken used to be excellent, although I was never over-impressed with the curries. But I also found them to be inconsistent so I started using Takdir more and more at Parkhead, and I would say they are consistently of a good standard. They also upped their game a bit lately and also offer tandoori fish (although they haven't quite grasped how to do a nice crispy, spicy batter on the same).

Appears to have closed down last weekend.

Very poor quality food!.............so hardly surprising if it has closed!

Had a takeaway once from there, was very average so never went for a sit down meal, also not helped by the fact that there aren't any good pubs within walking distance....

Aligarh Indian Restaurant is now closed. Didn't last long. Gone into liquidation I believe.

---------- Post added 09-10-2015 at 12:43 ----------

Aligarh is now closed, didn't last long did it? Gone into liquidation I believe.

Shame. I thought it was nice. Much better than the average. Just the wrong location I guess.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for this restaurant to re-open. Either as another Indian or in some other guise?

Is this place still shut? Seems a waste of an opportunity. Maybe Crosspudlians are not ready for anything too racy and prefer it shut.

I think an expensive hipster bar and restaurant would work well.

There are hipsters in Crosspool?