ALIGARGH in Crosspool

Tried this; I won't rush back.

It's sort of OK and would certainly do if you wanted an Indian restaurant rather than a takeaway. The food was OK but nothing special. The furniture and decor feels like they haven't taken enough care to hit the right standard or hadn't done any market research to find what that might be. I got that impression before I went in as the sign outside still has 'Aligargh' clearly visible under the new lettering and that theme continues inside. It's far too bright and the weird purple lighting here and there is wrong. The waiters are buzzing round all the time in an obtrusive way as if they haven't got enough to do. Which maybe they haven't as it wasn't busy so they are overmanned.

There are lifesize cardboard cutouts of cartoon-style Indian women. Hmmm.

Overall it's not good enough for its location and market. I'd rather get a takeaway (from somewhere else) and eat it at home.  A restaurant visit has got to be good and special or I won't bother. I hope they can improve and make a go of it. But in this incarnation I can't see it lasting long.

Edited by Bilge