Skip not Collected

Hi

I have had a skip om my drive for the last 8 weeks which I am waiting to be collected. I have been phoning the company several times a week, and keep getting told it is on their list for collection, but they never come.

It is now causing an obstruction, as I have a shared drive.

As it is not on the public highway I assume the council will not be interested if I call them, just wondered if anyone has any advice on what I can do to force them to collect it?

Cheers

Issue them an invoice for storage of their skip??

Hire a larger skip from another company and get them to put the skip in it and take it away.

Hire a larger skip from another company and get them to put the skip in it and take it away.

I'm surprised that this hasn't already happened with the price of skips these days.

Your problem is you pay for skip when empty. So once its full unless you want another most firms arnt in a hurry to collect.

Hi

I have had a skip om my drive for the last 8 weeks which I am waiting to be collected. I have been phoning the company several times a week, and keep getting told it is on their list for collection, but they never come.

It is now causing an obstruction, as I have a shared drive.

As it is not on the public highway I assume the council will not be interested if I call them, just wondered if anyone has any advice on what I can do to force them to collect it?

Cheers

Does the name of the skip company you're referring to have the initials YWC by any chance????

when this happened to me I was so fed up. then a neighbor phoned the environmental health. They shifted it PDQ. Just threaten them say the environmental health are now involved and give them 24hours to shift it or you will get a skip to put their skip in if they don't move it.

Does the name of the skip company you're referring to have the initials YWC by any chance????

That is them!!

Same happen to you?

---------- Post added 13-10-2014 at 20:53 ----------

when this happened to me I was so fed up. then a neighbor phoned the environmental health. They shifted it PDQ. Just threaten them say the environmental health are now involved and give them 24hours to shift it or you will get a skip to put their skip in if they don't move it.

Might try this one, as I need to get in moved, pretty dam quick now

That is them!!

Same happen to you?

---------- Post added 13-10-2014 at 20:53 ----------

Might try this one, as I need to get in moved, pretty dam quick now

It took them nearly 3 weeks to collect ours, I kept phoning and texting and kept getting told different things and they were full of promises. Our neighbour was very kind and let one of us park on their drive because we couldn't get into one side of the garage due to the skip bring on the drive.

I would never use them again or recommend them!!

It took them nearly 3 weeks to collect ours, I kept phoning and texting and kept getting told different things and they were full of promises. Our neighbour was very kind and let one of us park on their drive because we couldn't get into one side of the garage due to the skip bring on the drive.

I would never use them again or recommend them!!

Had the same problem with the same company, would never use them again.

Had the same problem with the same company, would never use them again.

Our opposite neighbours have got one of their skips on the road outside their house. It's been there a good while.

I'm amazed they've stayed in business because I've heard so many negative reports about them.