Beef shoulder ribs

I ordered some short ribs from the butcher, and what came don't look like short ribs, but is a cut from a bit further down from the shoulder. It has three ribs in it, each about 5 inches long, and quite a bit of fairly lean meat on them - about 3 inches of meat from the bone.

My plan was to make braised short ribs, but since I seem to have a completely different cut, I'm pondering what to do with it. Any tips?

One thought is to cut away some of the meat, and braise the ribs as planned, reserving the cut-away meat for a stew later in the week.

What does the foodie group say?

Sounds like somethingI had recently. I baked them slowly in the oven for a few hours with carrots, onions etc until the meat just fell off the bone. I then served half straight from the oben with mash and saved the rest and had with thick pappardelle pasta. Basically long and slow with whatever flavour you fancy. Add beer or wine when cooking for extra richness.