My dog was on a big chain on garden someone let her off

Perhaps.

The only thing you know for sure is he thinks she's in season - may be a false season. Can he chain the dog up after her season?

I have an underweight dog with a medical condition - it's neglectful not to have her checked out not for her to be underweight.

It hasn't been cold and a dog that is accustomed to being outside will get used to colder weather, but i agree shelter should be available, although they haven't said it isn't available.

I'm not sticking up for the guy, i'm anti the people who think all dogs should live in a central heated house, wear woolly jumpers and be taught to dance.

(From the homechecks i do almost daily i wouldn't allow my dogs in half of them - but it doesn't mean they aren't a good home for some dogs,just not mine.)

But now we have a dog that could have been mated, could be pts, could be withheld from the owner and pts.

Perhaps the OP needs to spend the money securing their garden. Sounds very insecure to me if someone can just walk into it and release your dog onto the streets.

If the garden has public and neighbour right of way, the dog should not be left out unattended full stop.

Good news they done checks shes healthy etc shes nw reunited with me what takes the biscuit is the roaming fee of fifty pound when I dint let her off I actually reported her stolen rspca had no concerns with her weight we moving away its like paigehall were I live carnt leave ur washing out scared of it goi g missing anyways thanks ppl for your concerns to say theres 3 pages on half have helped me thanks thoose who cared

Good news they done checks shes healthy etc shes nw reunited with me what takes the biscuit is the roaming fee of fifty pound when I dint let her off I actually reported her stolen rspca had no concerns with her weight we moving away its like paigehall were I live carnt leave ur washing out scared of it goi g missing anyways thanks ppl for your concerns to say theres 3 pages on half have helped me thanks thoose who cared

Im glad she is back with you. Do you mind if I ask you one thing, when she is outside on a chain, does she have shelter, like a kennel she can get into? Thank you

No I leave her with no cover yes course she has with old cushion of old sofa inside it

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 02:21 ----------

I bought her a kennel a few month ago off ebay

Because you don't know if she has been mated, please take her to the vet today for emergency treatment. They can give an injection to the dog to prevent a pregnancy from developing. You could also book her in for speying. You don't want to risk an accidental mating and then have puppies to deal with.

Pyometra is a very serious and sometimes fatal illness which affects bitches that haven't been speyed. It is quite common so the kindest thing that you can do for your dog is to have her operated on in December or January. If you book her in now and make a note on the calendar you should not forget. Also ask the receptionist to remind you. Speying also reduces the risk of cancer of the mammary glands.

As others have said, please keep her indoors in the cold weather. It is simply not fair to leave a dog like this tied up outside for any length of time.

He said RSPCA were going to spey her, something doesn't add up here. If he doesn't want to breed her why is he leaving her alone tied up in season at the mercy of all loose dogs in the area and why hasn't he had her done already?

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 07:05 ----------

Nobody said it should be ignored. BUT what makes"you" the person to make the decision over what is neglect and abuse?

Leaving a dog secured in a back garden isn't necessarily abuse or neglect.

I've homechecked for at least one breed rescue who actually favours it,if the dog has potential to escape,some dogs aren't meant to be kept in 20 degree heat all day and night.

Releasing a dog into the public is the work of a person who has no idea of responsibility or common sense imho.

What breed was that then? Husky or alsatian by any chance? Apparently OP was trying to sell american bulldog/staffy cross last year and if it is same dog it has health issues. If it isn't what happened to other dog? Too many inconsistencies in this

What breed was that then? Husky or alsatian by any chance? Apparently OP was trying to sell american bulldog/staffy cross last year and if it is same dog it has health issues. If it isn't what happened to other dog? Too many inconsistencies in this

It was a male dog that was being sold last year...

This has turned into a bit of a witch hunt!! Yes he needs to get her spayed and yes the garden should be secure. That's it.

Edited by nikki-red

It was a male dog that was being sold last year...

This has turned into a bit of a witch hunt!! Yes he needs to get her spayed and yes the garden should be secure. That's it.

this one is a whippet cross/staffy

It's not so much a 'witch hunt' as a desire by animal lovers to ensure that the OP has all the information he needs to care properly for this dog. I hope that he follows the advice and takes up any offers of help.

No I leave her with no cover yes course she has with old cushion of old sofa inside it

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 02:21 ----------

I bought her a kennel a few month ago off ebay

I wasn't having a go, I asked a polite question. Its good she has cover from the weather, sun as well as rain.

I hope you go through with having her speyed :)

I am and chipped and getting a tracker too I went to netherlands kennels amount of staffys thats been strays there is 1"I dentical to mine same markung etc but wasnt mine I hope ppk out there no a dog isnt for xmas there for life