My dog was on a big chain on garden someone let her off

To be fair about one of the points that you made the OP did say that she was only left for 3 hours at night till his Wife came home, and not all day.

You're right though in so much that the weather is not great now to leave a skinny dog that normally lives inside out for a few hours at night, I would imagine that she would be very cold and unhappy, both staffies and whippets are not dogs that like being out in the cold and both seem to feel it a lot.

Sorry,I saw someone else had wrote "all day",so made the mistake of thinking this was gospel....my bad.:o

I then tried re-reading the op's edited post(but failed,and gave up after the 5th attempt lol).

"dog comes in wen I come in at 12 at night shes outside at 7"

"No 7 pm till midnight and my partner brings her in before them when she finishes between 10 and halfpast "

So is that 3 hours or 5?:help:.

Either way,im sure if the the kennels think there's something wrong,they will investigate further,and the op should have nothing to worry about if the dog is well kept.

Its because shes not the weight of a pedigree staffy but I spoke to dog warden shea been to mine a fewtimes I no her very well from previous alegations with local dogs and dog warden agrees with me shes crossed whippet but kennels are doing there job all they are aware of they got an underweight staffy thats y she called me bk earlier and told me they got a dog matching description there concern for her weight I tols them shes crossed whippet the operator said oh my freinds gt a whippet there not exsacly very weighty they are thin im trying to put my point across shes crossed whippet shes the runt of litter I named her after my cusion who had a tumour on brain basically shes lucky to be here I got her from 5 week because mum basically abandoned her so I bottle fed her with goats milk im nt the type of person to neglect animals are hurt them in any ways

Just one question, how old is your daughter? Couldn't she look after the dog?

4 year old

---------- Post added 13-10-2014 at 09:00 ----------

What u trying to say I dont look after my dog

Have they actually said you can't get your dog back, or did they just say that they had concerns?

Have you been asked to do anything specific before you can collect your dog?

They got concerns they said bwt her weight I told her breed she is she said hopefully u can have dog bk today nw if they say I carnt then im guna go solisitors show recipts etc show them pics and hopefully win the case if it comes to that which fingers crossed they not aragant and call me today to say I can bring her home

So at the moment they haven't said you can't have the dog back.

Are you supposed to go and talk to them, or have they told you to wait for them to phone?

I've read all comments in this thread and to be honest, despite you coming across as caring for the dog, I don't like the sound of how you're treating her....

If you have a crate for her, why don't you keep her inside where she's warm rather than keeping her on a chain outside in the cold? If its only for 3 hours then needing the toilet shouldn't be an issue - I take it she's house-trained?

If she's skinny due to her breed (which I don't quite believe BTW) then why the hell are you keeping that breed of dog outside? Do you put her a coat on? Does she have shelter?

I have to be honest, if I saw a skinny dog chained up outside every day in the cold without a coat or any shelter then I think I'd let her off. Let's hope she gets a proper home through this...

well I cant make 'head nor tail' of most of whats being claimed here, but if the dog is truly being well looked after I hope u get it home but I am very pleased the dog warden/kennels are taking a keen intrest in this dogs welfare

I've read all comments in this thread and to be honest, despite you coming across as caring for the dog, I don't like the sound of how you're treating her....

If you have a crate for her, why don't you keep her inside where she's warm rather than keeping her on a chain outside in the cold? If its only for 3 hours then needing the toilet shouldn't be an issue - I take it she's house-trained?

If she's skinny due to her breed (which I don't quite believe BTW) then why the hell are you keeping that breed of dog outside? Do you put her a coat on? Does she have shelter?

I have to be honest, if I saw a skinny dog chained up outside every day in the cold without a coat or any shelter then I think I'd let her off. Let's hope she gets a proper home through this...

Why?

What business is it of anyone else?

That sort of action could result in the dog being killed, either because its collected as stray and the owner can't afford it's release or sue to it running on the street.

If people have concerns over the health of a dog report it - then somebody who knows the law and requirements can resolve the issues.

---------- Post added 13-10-2014 at 12:29 ----------

You keep a dog in season chained up in the garden and claim you are a responsible dog owner. Why can't you leave her in the house? Puppies at 5 weeks aren't old enough to leave their mothers anyway. You need a bit of education in what constitutes a responsible dog owner.

They probably aren't the only ones based on some comments on here.

Reding through your previous posts it says this time last year you was trying to sell a staffy x American bull dog?is this the same dog as in this post?is that why they are keeping it as its a cross with an American bull dog?

Goodness me this is a difficult thread to read...I would suggest the following

1.Phone the kennels and tell them after you collect her you will take her straight to your Vets for an appointment and a weight assessment. The release fee is not £200 - more like £100?! You can use the rest of the money to get her checked over.

2. If you want to keep her outside for a few hours I see no problem with this as long as you provide a waterproof kennel with blankets etc for her to get in if she needs/wants to snuggle up.

3. Get her spayed, what will you do if an entire dog gets onto your garden and mates her? It could result in many many problems.

4. I mean this in a completely nice way but please familiarise yourself with a full stop!!!! It will help us all read your posts better and stops misinterpretation of your words.

Now go get her back and get her checked over!!