Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know where I can get hold of a Sheffield Quiz

hiya!

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get hold of a Sheffield quiz. Or if anyone has a copy of one??

Thanks J x

perhaps the board can throw you some questions and answers of bizarre Sheffield facts - there's a lot of rubbish spouted on here, perhaps someone's collected it.

There were a couple of Sheffield Quiz books published about ten years ago (by Sheffield Library, I think). I think they may have been by Howard Holmes?

If I turn the house upside down, I think I have copies of therm (although some of the questions may be well out of date by now)

yes there are 2 books calld sheffield trivia and trivia 2, they were compiled by the one and only howard holmesand were published in 1988 & 1999 respectively, i have my copies here in front of me.

That's a good suggestion form Internetowl. I'm not a 'real' Sheffielder - I've only been here for 20 odd years, but....

Which areas of Sheffield were worst affected by flood in the 19th Century.

Malin Bridge, Hillsborough

What is an alternative name for the Great Sheffield Flood?

The Great Inundation

Which Riding of Yorkshire was Sheffield in?

East Riding.

Hope this helps! 20 or 30 more posters and you'll have a truckload of questions!

Name the five rivers of Sheffield?

Don, Porter, Loxley, Rivelin and Sheaf

who was the poet known as the 'corn laws rhymer' who's statue stands in weston park ?

ebeneezer elliot

what anniversary is commemorated on the 16th may each year at derwent resevoir ?

the dambusters raid.

Where is the inscription 'Ars Longa, Vita Brevis' displayed ?

Outside the Hallamshire Hospital.

These questions and facts I found on the interweb!

What do you call a Sheffield United fan in a 3 bedroom semi?

A burglar!

Why do people take an instant dislike to anyone from Sheffield?

It saves time!

A tourist wanders up to a policeman in Sheffield and asks for directions to Hillsborough. The policeman shows him the way and as he is walking away the tourist asks what time they kick off. what does the policeman say?

"About every ten minutes" .

Did you hear about the Conservative MP who was found dead in a Sheffield United strip?

The police had to dress him up in women's underwear in order to save his family from the embarrassment!

Which Riding of Yorkshire was Sheffield in?

East Riding.

I have been using this forum now for quite a while and I always assumed that I lived in the same City as everyone else. It now seems that you belong to a forum based near Hull, whereas I live in a city about as far west in Yorkshire as you can get. Try this exercise, get a compass and stand point North. Things on your right are East, things on your left are West. If unsure then you can remember this using by using "Never Eat Soggy Worms".

what was the sheffield iris ?

a newspaper in the early 19th century

which was the first comprehensive school to open in sheffield ?

myers grove

where was sheffield's racecourse in the 18th century ?

crookesmoor