Abuse hurled while playing!

Last night while playing World of Tanks :) I took out this guys tank. Fair enough you might think as that's the point of the game. This guy sent me 9, yes NINE messages of abuse, swearing & name calling etc. What's wrong with these people?? :huh:

Some people take it too seriously.

Some people seem to hate it when hit by arty, I don't really see the problem, my fault for sitting still when spotted.

I do find it annoying when the rest of your own team ignores you, and then the match is lost because of it.

I can relate. I used to play a fair bit of Battlefield3 on 360, and the only message I ever sent to anybody who'd killed me in game was to somebody who close range sniped me twice when I had an LMG. The message I sent was this, "kudos fella, good shooting."

I think that some people are so soft in real life that they get all their pent up aggression out online. Bit pathetic really, and it gives gamers in general a bad name.

I've found people can be a bit unpleasant and too serious playing Avalon online. You also get a lot of "group-think". If you're the kind of person who likes to work things out and do your own analysis and formulate your own strategies, that may go against the prevailing group wisdom; they really don't like it.

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 16:10 ----------

But yeah, it's madness; you're playing games because it's fun and in some ways educational. I really don't see any need to get uppity and aggressive with people over a game!