Ex-Pats, when did you leave sheffield

Not really an ex-pat as I live in Wales. Left Sheffield in '86, lived in Wolverhampton, Abingdon, Forres, Blackpool, Bordon and now Blackwood.

Tended to go where the money is. Found it here!!:thumbsup:

we left june 1st 1967, came to new york, then on to new jersey, now live in fort worth texas, have also lived in florida

Just wondering when the Ex-pats on the forum left this fair city? & is your new life what you expected / hoped for?

Are any of you living in perth wa?

Cheers

we left in 1967, i was 17, he was 21 and we had a 9 month old, came to a place where we didn't know anyone. i hadn't even seen american money till we arrived. i always said that if we had the money that first year, i would have gone home, it was really hard, 12 miles to the nearest supermarket, 2 1/2 miles i walked to the nearest general store, carrying the baby and walking back carrying her and the groceries. all laundry was done by hand, we had it hard but it was well worth it......

I left Sheffield in 1973. I have lived around perth since then. My home is still WA but I am currently working in Kuwait

hi m8 where in perth do u live then

im movin to scaraborough area soon

I was very close to Freo. As I said, I am now in Kuwait working. Scarborough is a nice area. Good English style pub right by the beach

I first came to Sheffield as a student but loved it so much I stayed for 7 or 8 years in total. Would have stayed there for life but it was the early 80s and no jobs in Sheffield at all, so had no choice but to move to "the smoke" to get a job. Eventually moved back to my home city of Leeds to be near friends and family - all my former friends had left Sheffield for the same reason I did, so much as I love the place I'd be starting from scratch if I moved back. I go back now and again, and ideally would live there if it was feasible, but with kids, schools, jobs, etc we're stuck in Leeds really...

Left Sheffield 1st July 1959 to do my national service in the RAF. Enjoyed it so much that I signed on for 22 years and lived all over the world. On my last posting, I bought a house in a village near Peterborough, where I still live nearly 30 years later. All my family are still in or around Sheffield, including Mum who is 92.

I left Sheffield in September 1964 and went to Whyalla in South Australia now live in Renmark South Australia. Have been back many times and seen the changes. Didn't like them at first as they were destroying my memories. Now Sheffield is opening up to being quite a pleasant city. Can't get used to the traffic and roads that are new so get me lost. Was back there last year and after a few hassles getting around likened it having been projected 50 years into the future because all I remember is the old Sheffield.

I left sheffield in 1975,I was 19,moved to a small town in lancashire,missed sheffield terribly at first,I was lucky enough to grow up in lodge moor so had the best of both worlds,could bus into town in 15 mins or be in the middle of glorious countryside within 5 mins!!!did return briefly in the mid eighties but realised sheffield like everywhere had changed and not for the better in my opinion,I will always refer to sheffield as home but wouldnt like to live there again but have fond memories of growing up there and glad I did.:)

I left old Sheffiled Town in April 1964 as an almost teenager aboard the

SS Canberra from Southhampton bound for Melbourne

I left Sheffield in Jan 2001 & moved to Rotherham. Came to my sense's and left there last October & moved to the Isle of Wight, have been back to Sheffield twice since coming down here and plan to come back several times this year as have plenty of family still in the city.