Parking ticket at school

I need help on contesting a parking ticket?

And what to write?

I was dropping my daughter of school this morning on brilymoor road (intake school) and was handed a parking ticket for being away from my car for 4min. The cruel ticket lady said as im writing the ticket you will have it. but did say to me contest it

more info on why you were given ticket might be helpful

There's a well signed and lined waiting restriction all the way down that road during rush hour. You can stop to drop off or pick up passengers but you can't park. The enforcement officer will have a picture of your unoccupied car parked on the road, so I wouldn't have thought you'd have much choice other than to pay the fine.

There's a well signed and lined waiting restriction all the way down that road during rush hour. You can stop to drop off or pick up passengers but you can't park. The enforcement officer will have a picture of your unoccupied car parked on the road, so I wouldn't have thought you'd have much choice other than to pay the fine.

Will you think of the children, she was only 4 minutes.

Will you think of the children, she was only 4 minutes.

The ticket has been issued because the warden was thinking of the children. Parents that park illegally around schools cause massive danger to other children, every day there are incidents around schools in this country because parents can't be arsed to think of the other people who also want their child to be in school.

The ticket has been issued because the warden was thinking of the children. Parents that park illegally around schools cause massive danger to other children, every day there are incidents around schools in this country because parents can't be arsed to think of the other people who also want their child to be in school.

I was being sarcastic, I fully agree with you and it annoys me how some parents park, they would rather risk running another child over to get to a space than walking a further 30 cms.

I agree totally with tjz and bonjon. The sooner kids start walking to school again, or going in the school bus where provided, the better.

Posted by teenagekicks: The cruel ticket lady said as im writing the ticket you will have it. but did say to me contest it

As you want help, you need to provide a bit more information. Could you say where exactly you were parked and are there any restrictions there? Also wondering about the four minutes? Is there a time limit in place? Why did the warden advise you to contest it? That seems rather an odd thing to say. If there are grounds for contesting it then why did she issue the ticket in the first place?

It seems that you will probably need to make some enquiries about the procedure for contesting the fine but you will need to do some research in order to get your facts straight beforehand.

BTW she isn't a 'cruel lady' but someone who is earning her living trying to keep children safe. If people walked their children to school there would be healthier children (and adults), far less congestion and no need for parking wardens.

Did you not see the banner.... " No Parking" "No Waiting" "No Excuses". They're outside all Schools. Although it amazes me how many drivers ignore them, as in this case and then want help to contest it ??

It was a side road, not near school grounds. its a single line restriction zone.

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 12:51 ----------

Ive contacted the relevant department at the Sheffield Council and won my appeal

I

[/color]Ive contacted the relevant department at the Sheffield Council and won my appeal

All in 2 hours? I'm surprised the warden has had enough time to get back to the office and do the reports.