Extra high dog gates, or ideas for stopping naughty dogs!

My baby gate makes the dogs laugh...as they sail over the top, one I don't really care much about but the other is a shocking sneaky thief :suspect: he is also pretty big, I need to stop him before I kill him! :hihi:

Help please!

Doors that they can't open? A baby gate and a closed door that opens towards the baby gate so it won't open more than a few inches?

Doors that they can't open? A baby gate and a closed door that opens towards the baby gate so it won't open more than a few inches?

Sadly I can't really go into the kitchen and leave him either which is why I use the gate so that they can see me and me them, he's a bit of a mess abouter as well :D

The way that my house is set out the kitchen is just to tempting for him as its right through from the living room, I have even thought of moving house to sort out the problem but that seems a bit excessive :hihi:

lindum do good dog gates we have one on our kitchen to stop certain dogs helping themselves to food !! or climbing on the work surface

Ooh thanks very much for the gate tips, that looks very promising :)

Moonbird, I don't want to put a damper on things but 2 of my dogs can jump over the tall dog gates :D

Luckily the rest of them can't .

I used to have the Lindam tall dog gates but freecycled them when Ailsa calmed down. Of course now weve got Jesse the doberthief and no tall dog gates, lol...

So... We got baby gates without the stepover bit, we mounted them higher up leaving enough space for the cats to get under and away from doberidiot. Because she could lep over a standard height gate.

Took a bit of figuring out cos she crawled underneath for a while, then after we adjusted them she worked out how to open them so we had to wrap a bungee rope round and fix that to a hook on the wall, lol. tHEN we ended up gaffer taping a length of wood to the bottom of the gate because she still managed to cral under the gap. Finally she cant get under or over (we think)

Can't you have two baby gates and put one above the other? Failing that, just crate them when you go in the kitchen. Our dogs treat their car carrier cage/crate and regular wire crates as their beds. They try to get in as soon as they see them so its not a punishment to be in there.

My friend had the same problem she just put one gate above the other, it works for her.

I think we have an old tall gate in the cellar moon if you want it. the close fitting would be broken as our old dog was extremely persistent but yu could test if it was high enough x

I think we have an old tall gate in the cellar moon if you want it. the close fitting would be broken as our old dog was extremely persistent but yu could test if it was high enough x

There's plenty of places in Sheffield that could sort you out fittings for a broken gate, moonbird, I'm sure.